Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need help my iphone brethren!!

Default I need help my iphone brethren!!
    This may be a little difficult to explain... I have an 8gb unlocked 1.1.1 iphone. Everything was working fine until I accidently dropped it onto the kitchen floor. Ever since then, I have noticed a strange "buzzing" sound with the reciever. Absolutely no problem with the other end, people are able to hear me just fine, just the reception. Its getting so bad, at times its hard to make out what the other person is saying. Could the phone falling have damaged the hardware (it really didn't fall that hard, and the phone was protected by a hard case)? This is only happening if I use the phone without the headset, with the headset, there is no buzzing sound. Almost sounds like trying to talk with a piece of paper in front of one's mouth (told you it was hard to explain)...please help!! This is driving me crazy!!

Thanks

Seems as if somethings come loose and is vibrating as the person talks.

Thanks

oops double post

Thank you for your reply. You dont think its a software problem?

Thank you for your reply. You don't think its a hardware problem?
    Last edited by munich; 2008-01-09 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sounds like a hardware problem to me... But if it only fell a short distance, then apple may replace it, or at least fix it for free. Do you have any friends on AT&T? If so, convince them to put their sim in your iPhone and try to getit serviced. Now you will have to virginize the baseband (locking it to at&t again) and restore it. But it may be worth it
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!