Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: This is rediculous, selling iPhone

Default This is rediculous, selling iPhone
    So I've purchased an unlocked 1.1.1 iPhone and have been using it on Tmobile for about 5-7 days now and I LOVE the phone but the service/signal is absolutely horrible!

I don't quite understand why it is like this, I'll have 5 bars and then all of a sudden it will just say it loses the network and service. It has done this ever since I've had the phone. I cannot stay on a phone call without it being dropped because of the signal and it is pathetic.

Any suggestions for the next phone for me to take a look at? I know majority of you in this forum have the iPhone so if you had to choose a different phone what would you choose and why? Also, can it be unlocked for Tmobile?

Phone is used mainly for texting, internet, email and whatever other fun features I can get!

Right now I have unlimited internet plan, unlimited texting plan and 600 whenever minutes. I had the SideKick III and still have it sitting in a drawer, but I want to figure out other options.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

how much you selling for?
    willing to do a trade?
    If i helped hit Thanks!

I've seen the same thing on my iPhone the past few days. I'm wondering if it's some issue with T-Mobile.

I also have 1.1.1 running on my iPhone.

HtH,

Denis
    What, I upgraded to 1.1.2 and now my iPhone is bricked?

How long have you had your iPhone for? Have you had no problems with it and then all of a sudden it's having problems?

It's most likely T Mobile's network. Have you checked coverage in your area? The coverage tab/button is right on T Mo's home page.

I notice their signal will fluctuate on my phone between 3 bars and no signal while I'm sitting at my desk.

Reminds me of the discussion I had at the cell phone kiosk at a Costco store where they sell several different carriers' plans. The guy summarized T Mobile as having the best customer service and worst network.

For the question about another good phone...

If you have the money for it, I would seriously suggest the unlocked HTC Touch. It was by far a close runner up for me. It's very similiar to the iPhone.

I loved it when I played with it. There are plenty of mods out there that will make it feel just like an iPhone. Its got Wi-Fi and everything. Very nice phone.

Another good one beside HTC touch is the LG Prada. It doesn't look any less interesting than the iphone. Touch screen, games, internet... rumor has it that the iphone is a LG Prada's ripoff.

Might wanna take a look at the googlephone too.
    There's blood in my alcohol system.

just use the sidekick3 i think that is a great phone to use i still have mine

Quote Originally Posted by sura View Post
    It's most likely T Mobile's network. Have you checked coverage in your area? The coverage tab/button is right on T Mo's home page.

I notice their signal will fluctuate on my phone between 3 bars and no signal while I'm sitting at my desk.

Reminds me of the discussion I had at the cell phone kiosk at a Costco store where they sell several different carriers' plans. The guy summarized T Mobile as having the best customer service and worst network.
    So far I'd say that tmobile has terrible customer service but not as bad as sprint

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heather View Post
    Another good one beside HTC touch is the LG Prada.
    LOL!
    Prada doesn't come close to iPhone in functionality or class. That rumour that the iPhone was a rip off of the Prada was made before the iPhone was released. That rumour then got kicked in the nuts when the iPhone was released and they realised that the two phones were nothing alike.
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-01-08 at 08:02 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone aglitch's Avatar
    Thanks

so how much for the phone then? wifi works?