Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.0 Screenshots, Accessing system files ^_^

Default 2.0 Screenshots, Accessing system files ^_^
    Hey, I finally have my 2.5G iPhone on firmware 2.0, Jailbroken & Unlocked I thought I'd post some screenshots to make those jealous that have not yet upgraded (if that's you, upgrade asap ).. Although most of the old apps are now incompatible, Cydia now has a porting from 1.1.x to 2.x guide, and hopefully we should soon start to see all the old apps flooding in (and with AppStore, I can survive without them for now!)

Screenshots: (notice the new gprs icon in first shot)

iPhoneBrowser Works with 2.0 ^_^
    Although there is no Summerboard/Customize for 2.0 yet, I decided to manually replace some of the system files through iPhoneBrowser to give myself the prettier (imo) iPod touch dock for my iPhone Screenshot:

More on browsing the files soon.. It appears that there is a very different organization system this time around :/
    EDIT: Important file locations:

Camera Roll:
    /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE/
    Screenshots taken:
    /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/999APPLE/
    AppStore downloaded Apps:
    /private/var/mobile/Applications/
    UI Graphics (Dock, Battery Images etc):
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/

..Still can't find the Applications directory
    Last edited by Conn18; 2008-07-20 at 10:22 PM.

~ The wonderful world of iPod ♫

Awesome Where do I get it?
    Also, does anybody know how I can use Windows to SSH into my 2.0 iPhone? The Applications directory refuses to show up in iPhoneBrowser :P

Also, people, I made a custom icon for PhoneSaber, as I thought the default was too bland..
    Edit: A revelation! The iPhone automatically applys Aqua effects (adds gloss, rounds edges etc) to icons for Appstore apps, so it isn't required to do this yourself.. therefore this icon looks correct when used:

and this icon doesn't look so good when used, although when using the first one, it will look like this on springboard.

Finally, those who have the "Bubbles" Application.. if you create loads of bubbles and use the built-in screenshot feature (hold home and press sleep button), you can create a really pretty wallpaper for your phone
    Last edited by Conn18; 2008-07-20 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

NES is on Cydia. Try Winscp on your pc

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Conn18 View Post
    Hey, I finally have my 2.5G iPhone on firmware 2.0, Jailbroken & Unlocked I thought I'd post some screenshots to make those jealous that have not yet upgraded (if that's you, upgrade asap ).. Although most of the old apps are now incompatible, Cydia now has a porting from 1.1.x to 2.x guide, and hopefully we should soon start to see all the old apps flooding in (and with AppStore, I can survive without them for now!)

Screenshots: (notice the new gprs icon in first shot)

iPhoneBrowser Works with 2.0 ^_^
    Although there is no Summerboard/Customize for 2.0 yet, I decided to manually replace some of the system files through iPhoneBrowser to give myself the prettier (imo) iPod touch dock for my iPhone Screenshot:

More on browsing the files soon.. It appears that there is a very different organization system this time around :/
    EDIT: Important file locations:

Camera Roll:
    /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE/
    Screenshots taken:
    /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/999APPLE/
    AppStore downloaded Apps:
    /private/var/mobile/Applications/
    UI Graphics (Dock, Battery Images etc):
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/

..Still can't find the Applications directory
    Nice Post...i am trying to change my dock, can you tell me which files I need to replace? I tried SBDockBG2 and it is not taking. Thanks.

I used the custom firmware file that was uploaded onto PirateBay ...

Does anyone know if SSH was included in that ???

:-/

I used that aswell.. I think you need to get OpenSSH off Cydia, But I've done that and now I don't know what details to use in WinSCP :/

trilogy069, SBDockBG.png is the one you need to replace.. you were quite close :P
    Last edited by Conn18; 2008-07-20 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

Conn18 (2008-07-20)

Thanks Broomhead ^_^

Wow, I have to try out the SSH and NES. While at it, I modified all the icons in my new 2.0 Firmware.

Cool
    I Got SSH working btw.. and NES doesn't seem to be entirely fully functional on 2.0.. hope they fix it soon and enable full screen :/ (or maybe it's just me?)