Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My thoughts on the 2.0/Pwnage

Default My thoughts on the 2.0/Pwnage
    So, this are my impressions on this hole 2.0/Pwnage/iHazSupper/yiPhone stuff thats been going on on the past month.

I was uber exited about this stuff, the couters, the hole crypted messages and like checking the Dev-Team blog hourly in a daily-basis. Watched yiPhones counter reach zero and go negative, seen the wierd'a$$ videos and stuff.

Then, Pwnage is FINALY released, i was thrilled, downloaded it, upgraded, and Pwned... but then i felt kinda sad you know, no Installer, the AppStore is VERY lame, since 90% of the free apps sucks, and the good ones became payed (Sketches, for like 2 dollars or whatever, WTF?). I felt like the hole ''underground'' developing scene has gone ''mainstream'' and you know, it's a little disapointing. Almos no apps available and Cydia is kinda wierd..

Pwnage is friggin' great, the one-click-do-all thing, but it was boring to death you know, the only good part was the DFU thing that you must be fast, that was fun. I miss the hole command-line hard-as-fück methods, those wich made us kinda scared, when those freaky lines dropped super fast, and the screen keeps flashing as fück, then every thing goes fine...

(I'M NOT SAYING ANYWHERE THAT THE NEW PWNAGE IS LAME OR ANYTHING, IT'S ACCTULY GREAT, SUPER, i'm just saying i miss the good old underground days...)

anyways, this is just my thoughts, feel free to hate me if you feel like so, but i realy thing that it makes sense.
    OI FROM BRAZIL!

Thanks

Yeah, I'm with you fella.

I remember the good old days, getting a semi while using ibrickr to install images for Customize. Then the big one, it seems like only yesterday that my cock went off like a spunky firework while I copied over 67 000 NES roms

I remember the good old days, getting a semi while using ibrickr to install images for Customize. Then the big one, it seems like only yesterday that my cock went off like a spunky firework while I copied over 67 000 NES roms
    Last edited by redcard; 2008-07-20 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post

TOTALY, adding sources to installer manualy, iBrickr's yellow/red iPhone screen... fun as hell
    OI FROM BRAZIL!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

You also have to understand that there are no apps on Cydia because this JUST became available. Give it a week or so and developers will start to update their products for use with 2.0.

I have a 3G iPhone and not even looking to jailbreak it because I'm not getting anything beneficial out of it! When the unlock comes out, then I'll consider.

Just be patient, the apps will come!
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

Quote Originally Posted by Rounder View Post
    You also have to understand that there are no apps on Cydia because this JUST became available. Give it a week or so and developers will start to update their products for use with 2.0.

I have a 3G iPhone and not even looking to jailbreak it because I'm not getting anything beneficial out of it! When the unlock comes out, then I'll consider.

Just be patient, the apps will come!
    yeah, i tottaly understand your point, but MY main point is about the hole underground-to-mainstream changes...
    OI FROM BRAZIL!