Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upper half of the screen not responding

Default Upper half of the screen not responding
    hey...as the title suggests the upper half of the touch screen of my iphone(ziphone'd and at 1.1.4) suddenly stopped responding.I tried going through various threads on this but could not find a way to solve this.

I am outside the US and my wifi is on the dead portion so cant even ssh.
    PLZ help!it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Ps:will a full restore help?..and should i use recovery mode or dfu?
    Last edited by __neo; 2008-07-20 at 05:29 PM. Reason: typo

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

can't tell you whether a restore will help but that is probably your best bet right now. got nothing to lose as your phone is not properly functioning. if you're familiar with DFU then put your phone into DFU and restore

thanks for the reply..but is this a software malfunction or a hardware one..i have read numerous threads on this but none of them have any conclusion....i used dfu earlier to upgrade from 1.0.2.

UPDATE:the lower half of the screen is also started showing latency to response now.Plz help if possible

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

the thing is with the little to no information you've given, it's like going to the doctors office saying, i'm sneezing, do i have cancer or just the flu.

you upgraded from 1.0.2 to 1.1.4? and the problem is still there?

sorry for the wrong way i put it.Let me clear it up.

I had 1.0.2 working fine i upgraded to 1.1.4 about a month ago and it was all working fine t just that today my screen stopped working,i was just mentioning about dfu to tell u that i am familiar with dfu restore ...plz provide with all the help u can.

Thanks

my friends had a problem with the middle of the screen and apple just gave him a new one, no questions asked after a restore of course because they don't like jailbroken iphones for some reason lol don't know if that helps but thats all i know
    if this post help click the thanks

still I cant get an answer I have the same problem My slide to unlock wont move maybe after 20 to 30 tries it will move I restored jailbroke it I even upgraded to 2.0 and still have the same problem now I have a locked 2.0 and cant go back to 1.1.4 and still have the problem with the slide any idea's?