Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes on 1.0.2

Question iTunes on 1.0.2
    Hi guys, perhaps is a stupid question, but I bought an already unlocked iPhone, and I don't have the iTunes app., then I was wondering if this is normal and if there is a way to install it.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Sorry man there is really no way to get it working properly on 1.0.2 you will need to be running 1.1.1 or higher, read wiki on how to update an already unlocked iPhone.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JedixJarf For This Useful Post:

henry (2008-01-08)

Thanks man, as I supposed I need 1.1.1, but iPhone work very well and since I bought it already unlocked, I'm scared about update (I don't know in which way my iPhone was unlocked).

Cant you just use the #* way to get to jailbreakme.com and then it unlocks it without you having to do anything?

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    Cant you just use the #* way to get to jailbreakme.com and then it unlocks it without you having to do anything?
    No, jailbreakme.com does not unlock an iPhone. It jailbreaks it, installs installer.app and activates it. It is still locked to ATT after using jailbreakme.com.

You need to just virginize your base baseband then update. Once you update go to jailbreakme.com then download the newest anysim. Run anysim then you will have an unlocked 1.1.1. Now you can take it a step further by updating to 1.1.2 instead of 1.1.1 but you cant use the jailbreakme.com method. Read the wiki.