Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2 iphones, one slower than other?

Default 2 iphones, one slower than other?
    Hi guys,

Both my cousins has just came back from overseas, both bringing back and iphone each. One from USA and other from Hong Kong. First off has iphone been released in HK? or just an import from US? If so its weird because the iphone from HK is quiet slow compared too the one from US, slow in many ways, typing sms, viewing photos etc, in the end they both do the same thing. Both are brand new as I opened them both and unlocked it for them. Are there different versions of the iphone? They were both the same firmware when I checked it. I'm just curious as I'm thinking about buying one myself. Thanks for all your input guys.

Dan

Sounds weird to me if they both have the same firmware. Certainly I noticed a slight speed improvement and reception increase when i upgraded to 1.1.1. but for two stock phones out of the box it seems strange.

Which firmware are they running? 1.1.2 is overclocked slightly so if one was 1.1.1 and the other was 1.1.2 then it would make sense.

I'd try virginising the slow phone and reinstall to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 and see if that helps.

thanks for your reply bobajobbob. After a whole day of figuring out what the problem was, I still can't figure it out. Although it was 1.1.1 now running 1.1.2 both seem to be running fine at the same speed but if i downgrade it to 1.1.1 the HK one is still slower by at least 30-40%. Odd... doesn't matter anymore both running 1.1.2 now its fine. Thanks again bobajobbob.