Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buying iphone need some advice!

Question Buying iphone need some advice!
    hey guys..i am travelling to the states and thinking of buying a few i phone.what version of software they have now on the iphone in store?also i am bringing the phone overseas so do i need a unique at&t sims in order to unlock my iphone? cause my fren told me i could just buy the phone without at&t but i read some thread to unlock i phone we do need the at&t sim that comes with the iphone?is this true?if anyone could provide me more info that i miss out would help!thanks and have a nice days guys!

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

they all are rocking firmware 1.1.2 with new bootloader which has yet to been unlocked. it is possible to unlock OTB iPhones but only with sim mods such as turbosim. with unlocking you do not need the original sim card at all
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

so that means i cant unlocked with the mmi method for the iphone i purchase in the states soon?

You can unlock all of the functions but can not use the phone without Turbo or Stealth SIM for now

ok thanks!well what about i downgrade it?am i able to that by using itunes to restore the v1.1.2 to v1.1.1?i mean if i bought it brand new with v1.1.2.

Sorry, you wouldn't. The new iPhones with OTB 1.1.2 firmware have a different bootloader...downgrading won't help..