Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 2g has better battery than iphone 3g?

Default Iphone 2g has better battery than iphone 3g?
    I have been reading around the net and it turns out that the 3g has a 1150 mah battery while the original iphone has a 1400mah battery. Could this be the reason why people are experiencing shorter battery life on their 3g phones...

It doesnt make sense that apple would put a less powerful battery in a device with 3g, gps etc... compared to 1st get iphone that is...

Thanks

maybe the iphone 3G are more efficient so it could equal out, all setting being equal between the two phones?

idk

it seems with all of complaining that this may not be the case. a lot of people reporting that with every setting turned of on 3g (bluetooth wifi 3g etc.) people are still experiencing less life from their battery on a daily basis compared to their 1st gen iphone. I think people are gonna have to buy the 1400 mah battery when it becomes available and put it in on their own :/

iPhone? More like MyPhone beachboarder41's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sonex View Post
    I think people are gonna have to buy the 1400 mah battery when it becomes available and put it in on their own :/
    I doubt a lot of people will buy a new battery, sooner or later people will learn to deal with it or learn to extend battery life. Plus people dont want to mess with the hardware and permanently void the warranty.
    Viva la iPhone - GET DOMINATED

hmm I dont know. I opened up every single ipod i had so far to replace battery (1st gen, ipod mini, 4th gen, nano) and I will most likely open up the iphone to replace the battery after my 1 year of warranty is up. Hopefully ill try pull of the the same trick with the iphone as with some of my ipods.... completely bust the battery just before the 1 year warranty expires so they fix the battery for me the first time round.

These battery issues that people have on many many forums are just absurd..

maybe apple is just getting ride of their old stock with the first release of the 3g and will put a normal battery in the coming months when a 32gb version comes out..

iPhone? More like MyPhone beachboarder41's Avatar
    Thanks

Well your right, after your 1 year warranty is up and your batter is still sucky, then that would most like be a good idea but i still want to be able to take it in and get it fixed or replaced before that.
    Viva la iPhone - GET DOMINATED

when u set ur phone to 3g or wifi, it will depreciate ur battery life...so usually if i'm not wanting the super fast speed, just knock ur 3g off. bright screen will also take out ur battery.