Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Good reason to upgrade to 3G?

Default Good reason to upgrade to 3G?
    Basically it boils down to this, I can easily sell my old 8gb iPhone for $350 which is the what it will cost me to get a new 16gb 3G model including taxes and $18 upgrade fee. So the cost of the phone is a wash. All I would really be paying more than I do now is $15 a month which would be for faster speeds and an additional 8gb. In addition, I can recoup $350 of value from my old iPhone now while if I wait until the next gen iPhone I might get little to nothing for my original. On the other hand if I upgrade now I will be able to get significantly more money back when I sell my 16gb 3G a year from now when the new iPhone 3.0 comes out. Seems like an easy choice to make unless I'm missing something. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by fastfox; 2008-07-19 at 11:02 AM.

The 3G and GPS rock. The GPS helped me out big time last weekend. Also the call Clarity on both ends is A LOT BETTER.

And the ear speaker and ext speaker are both nice and loud.
    Last edited by JedixJarf; 2008-07-19 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Gps you mean without wifi? without 3g enabled?
    For example i am from greece, here we dont have wifi in all streets and 3g is too expensive to use it, my question is i can use gps without wifi and 3g enable?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kostas1989 For This Useful Post:

rozzaboy92 (2008-07-19)

Quote Originally Posted by kostas1989 View Post
    Gps you mean without wifi? without 3g enabled?
    For example i am from greece, here we dont have wifi in all streets and 3g is too expensive to use it, my question is i can use gps without wifi and 3g enable?
    yes, it has built in gps, like a sat nav so you dont need anything else

To me it was worth it for the extra space alone

Yep, I was planning on getting a iPhone with bigger space, but then the 3G came out, and the price was something I couldn't pass up.

Sold my first gen iPhone, and got the 3G and am glad that I did. Not many jailbroken apps that I miss.
    PLUS.. the plastic back on the 3G just feels lovely. *fondles phone some more*
    wwjd