Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 'acting up'

Default iPhone 'acting up'
    My iPhone has been working perfectly for the past month (which is when I got it), however, last night when I put it on the dock it froze up for the first time. I re-booted the phone, continued what I was doing, and in an hour when I went to check the time it froze up again. ****. So I restarted it once more, left it alone, and went to bed. When I woke up, it was working perfectly again... Except when I got a call. I clicked answer, and the screen didn't show the usual in-call menu of mute, speaker, etc. So I was like what the hell until I heard a voice (meaning the iPhone answered the call, but the screen did not show it). So the phone call ended and all of a sudden the call log was black background (instead of light blue) and the numbers usually black with a blue arrow to the right were dark with a red arrow and all of the colors were distorted. I locked the phone, re entered my password, and it was still there. At this point I was unable to re-spring to the home screen. So once again, I re-booted the iPhone. Right now, it's working fine but last night/this morning were weird. Do you think it could have been a package I installed from installer recently or what?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

it's possible, especially if you had just installed an app last night. i haven't read of a similar situation here. if it happens again, the best, although a pain in the butt, method to clear all issues is to restore

Also, are you trying a manual restart, or are you holding the sleep/home button down for 10 seconds until the phone does a manual reboot? Try that if you haven't, as sometimes that's what the phone needs.

Yes, when I say I re-booted it I did a 'hard reset '