Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How was my iphone unlocked

Arrow How was my iphone unlocked
    I have got a uk iphone (version 1.1.2) from ebay which is unlocked to o2 payg (not all networks) and is jailbroken does this mean it was unlocked by software or some other method?

i want to know incase i mess up and have to restore or when updates come out i want to make sure ill be able to keep using my iphone

Thanks

Apparently (and I still have doubts about this) you can SSH into your phone, and type the command SENDMODEM "AT + XSIMSTATE = 1". If the first line reads one of the following, it will tell you what unlocked it:

"PN",4,0 = Anysim 1.02 or iUnlock
    "PN",1,0 = IPSF
    "PN",5,0 = Anysim 1.1 or higher
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

deck (2008-01-04)

Quote Originally Posted by deck View Post
    I have got a uk iphone (version 1.1.2) from ebay which is unlocked to o2 payg (not all networks) and is jailbroken does this mean it was unlocked by software or some other method?

i want to know incase i mess up and have to restore or when updates come out i want to make sure ill be able to keep using my iphone
    on a UK 1.1.2 OTB iPhone, it would have been restored to 1.1.1, jailbroken, activated, otkoprep'd, then updated to 1.1.2, and jailbroken & activated again.

Thats it...as long as it was activated during the process it will work on either o2 contract OR payg.

you can test it by putting in a vodafone sim....chances are it wont work.

unless of course the original firmware when that phone was bought was not a 1.1.2 OTB ... check the 4th & 5th digits of ur serial number and post them here pls

it will tell us a week number

edit:

just read "not all networks"....in that case its not unlocked at all........simply activating a UK iPhone by the process above will allow it to work on payg. its not Unlocked in the true sense.
    Last edited by jtanner; 2008-01-04 at 10:35 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jtanner For This Useful Post:

deck (2008-01-04)

the week number is 42

i just wanted to make sure that if i mess up and i have to restore through itunes i can jailbreak again (without having to buy a turbosim or anything) because i read that 1.1.2 o.t.b iphones cant be unlocked or does that just mean it cant be unlocked to all networks

ooo, ok, i forget which week number the whole 1.1.2 OTB thing started, mine was week 47 which i obv know is 1.1.2OTB

1.1.2 OTB CAN NOT be unlocked, however, the UK models WILL work on o2 payg as long as its been jailbroken and activated.....its not really classed as unlocking because it wont work on any other network.

Check the various guides on Jailbreaking and Activating 1.1.2 OTB (there a 2 or 3 on here)

for safe keeping mate, i would download the 1.1.1 firmware file and the 1.1.2 filmware files (there are links in some of the guides)

if you mess up, your process would be to RESTORE 1.1.1, then jailbreak / activate, install otkoprep (from the installer list) then **UPDATE** to 1.1.2 and jailbreak / activate again using (i forget the link....someone else post??) jailbreak.jar iDemocracy 2.02 has the needed .jar file.

because the sim lock is 02 - thats why it works for you. The phone doesnt know the difference as its only OPERATOR locked, eg to o2, therefore payg or contract is irrelavant

Only thing you dont get is visual voicemail
    Last edited by jtanner; 2008-01-04 at 10:43 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jtanner For This Useful Post:

deck (2008-01-04)

ok thanks for all your help