Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Touchscreen Issue

Exclamation Touchscreen Issue
    Help Please.

I have had my iPhone 1.1.4 for a couple of months now and have been very happy with it.
    I was installing a couple of apps from the installer and when I restarted there were Horizontal Black and White stripes flashing before I got to the Main Start Page.

Now, I can select any of the icons without issue but once I am inside the application, the the touch screen does not work at all. I can get back to the main screen by pressing the Lock/Unlock button.
    Even when I press the phone icon, I get to the next page, but from there I cannot select anything, not contacts, not recents, nothing.

Please help soonest.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

sounds like an issue i encountered when i installed kate. there are two ways that i know of to solve this problem. 1. if you have killspring/respring or one of those applications installed that would restart your springboard upon entering the application, just do that, and it will fix the touch screen issue temporarily. this is not a permanent fix. or 2. restore your phone if you don't have one of those applications installed and you dont' have SSH set to turn on when you restart the phone, which means you can't manually install one of the killspring applications

i believe this is caused by a few applications not being compatible with each other. i believe dock.app may be one of the causes for this issue as well.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

double post. sorry