Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G Iphone Questions

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Question 3G Iphone Questions
    Hi, so i have a few questions i would like to ask i am a current 1st gen iphone user, but i will shortly be upgrading to the 3G model, so i was wondering:

1. The dev team have said you will be able to jailbreak and activate the 3G iphone but they are saying that they are still working on unlocking it. They will be able to fix this right?

2. See the 3G iphones as you know they come with 2.0 installed can you restore them back to an earlier version? Ie 1.1.4

Thanks
    Looking forward to your responce

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

What network you on, if your on o2 there will be no need to downgrade it, they will work with any o2 sim, contract or pay as you go.

As for the dev team bring out a jailbreak method for the new firmware, we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php

Thanks

Im on orange But out of interest is it possiable to downgrade if you wanted?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

you can downgrade from 2.0 to 1.1.4 on the 1st gen ones, so i cant see why you cant do it on the 3g version.. Dont hold me to it though as i dont have a 3g one lol

Iv seen a thread (guide) on here that tells you how to go from 2.0 to 1.1.4. do a quick search it will pop up.

i searched for ya. here it is

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...0-1-1-4-a.html
    Last edited by Rustynuts; 2008-07-18 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php

I wouldn't recommend trying to downgrade a 3G iPhone right now. Wait for the jailbreak.

Thanks

thanks for that but damn it says
    "This is only for 1st Generation iPhones that have been upgraded... not for 3G iPhones"

Oh well, So as for pay as you go, you say O2 sims will work, is that any O2 sim? Will the sim from the 1st gen iphone work? Cause if thats the case then i will for sure be looking for a 3G iphone, + i have good faith in the dev team so im sure they will get it unlocked Cause i would be happy to stay with O2 for awhile then when its unlocked move back to Orange