Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I really dont know how to solve this iphone problem

Default I really dont know how to solve this iphone problem
    I bought an iphone off ebay about a month ago it is 1.1.2 firmware fully unlocked and came as it is with installer and ssh on it so i dnt have any clue about unlocking/jailbreaking the iphone

anyway ive been using it for about a month absolutley fine, got it all modded just the way i like it everything set up perfectly and running well on 02 pay as you go
    however ive just plugged my iphone into itunes to sync some more music to it where it told me that my space that was taken up with music 6.62GB is now classed as 'other' and therefore cannot sync my music too it as my music has now dissapeared, i really dont want to have to restore the iPhone through itunes as i dont know how to re-jailbreak/unlock it and i dnt want to loose all my exsiting mods/settings/data etc.

anybody have an solutions for how to resolve this?
    if i could just free up that space that should be my music i can resync the songs but i dnt know why it says its being taken up

sorry i just realised ive posted this in the wrong place sorry
    Last edited by Stoner00; 2008-01-04 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Could be several things. First, have you used SwapTunes? Check your Media folder and if you see a "iTunes_Control_2" folder, that's where your music is. If you accidentally plugged your iPhone into someone else's computer, iTunes would have thought it was a new iPhone and created a new library (it leaves the old one in place). You may have symlinked something so iTunes doesn't recognize your correct library anymore. Did you check these?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

I checked this folder and i have just the normal iTunes_Control folder and all my music is in there but the iphone for some reason cant seem to recognise that, if i just deleted this folder in winSCP would it then jsut free up this space and i could resync the music?

Thanks

Yep. ITunes will ask you what you want to call your "new iPhone". Then it will sync.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

thank you for your help greatly appreciated