Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! Q's on 1st gen. iphone using a 3g cingular sim card

Exclamation HELP! Q's on 1st gen. iphone using a 3g cingular sim card
    Hey, first off if your reading this thanks for taking the time to possibly help me out and/ or answer my questions:
    Situation: I just got a N.I.B 1st gen. Iphone and I need to know what to do.
    Question:
    1- Can I Just put my 3g sim card in and go or do i have to hook it up to itunes, and what would i do if i had to hook it up to itunes.

2- Does my new iphone now get the 3g network with the 3g sim or is it still just lame 2g(edge) network?

3- Will i be able to go to 2.0 straight up on itunes or will i have to pwnage it?

Anyways thanks for your time

super newb

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

1. yes you can put you sim card in but u need to jailbreak and unlock to use it. If you want to activate through itunes you need a ligit iphone plan.
    2. all 1st gen have 3g sim cards(just means the sim is capable)You just get to use edge.
    3. as of yet we can not unlock 2.0 or jailbreak. the jail break should be out soon but the unlock is going to be a little while.

i would suggest to stick with 1.1.4 for now until Dev team has given the go ahead..
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to screamforme02 For This Useful Post:

KRnewb (2008-07-18)

So if i actually want to get the 2.0 legit ill have to hook it up through itunes (Does this mean i cant just put in my sim, Or what??
    and also how do i go about unlocking the iphone?

Thanks for the answers though, much appreciated =]

Ohh yeah and like how will i get my songs on the iphone if i cant hook it to itunes? or can i still go on itunes with 1.1.4 unlock?
    Last edited by KRnewb; 2008-07-18 at 05:37 PM.