Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Share Your Iphone Story

Default Share Your Iphone Story
    Well I first bought a Rokr E6, and i thought it was the coolest phone on the planet. I was up late night playing around modding it and even went out and bought a 2gig sd card and reader. So I was fooling around and somehow deleted my theme on the phone i didn't llike before restoring it back to a different theme. So the phone ended up running in loop cause i just could find the theme folder it was suppose to run.

So next day i brought it back to the vendor where i purchased that phone.
    Then I look down and there it was like it was glowing and all the other phones in the display case a brand new 1.0.2 OTB Iphone. I asked how much he told me $400 Canadian. I asked if i could trade in my screwed up rokr for that iphone. He said no problem he wanted to buy back the rokr for $100 less then what I paid for, which was $250. So kinda freaked out on him and told that I've only had the rokr for only 1wk and this happens, then i started say was he sure he didn't sell me a bad used phone.

By this point i was frustrated and just wanted a working phone. So asked him to repair my rokr. But something kept urging me to just go ahead to go and buy it buy it. So he turns around and says fine "I'll knock $50 off the price plus I'll throw in $50 in accessories. Now that got me thinking is this a good deal after more haggling I convinced him to knock $75 off the price and still give me the $40 worth of accessories.

Now Im all giddy and couldn't wait to show off my new iphone. Just before I was leaving I had some lottery tickets i wanted to cash before the mall closed. So I put down my phone and scrambbled in my pockets for those tickets. Finally left mall in my car driving to meet up with some friends. So I wanted to make a call to find out where they were. OH SHZNITS!!!!!!! I left my phone back at the mall at the lottery koisk, and that was 10mins ago, so what did I do turned right around drove back to the mall. Luckly for me i caught the owners Just as they were about to close up. Ran right up and was hoping for the best that these ppl wouldn't lie to me about not seeing my phone. Well story short I got back my phone and still have it today.

Ok sorry for this long post and if you found this boring read, but i just wanted to post this just because i felt like it. BTW next day installed all these cool apps for the iphone through wireless. As the phone went into refresh mode it was just hanging there (OH SHZNITS he sold me another bad phone) tried turning off with power button not didn't do a thing. Screen was still on and i was powerless to do anything. Couldn't go back cause i was working (logicistics delivery driver) I couldn't go fix my phone and lose my job. Well got home went I line found out JUST HOLD THE POWER AND HOME BUTTON!!!! volia there phone fixed.

My iPhone is a Part of Me E-Dragon's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm.. Ok, here’s one..

Me and the wifey were out for brunch and then some store hopping. We decided to go to the movies, so I pull over grab the phone, surf around and find the movie we want to see ( I am Legend was the movie ) and we take off to the movie theater to go see it. When we get there I hop out of my truck and I hear a combination of a THUD and a splash. Yep, you guessed it, my phone.. It tried commit suicide by kissing the pavement face first thru a small puddle. Of corse some idiot helped it along with that decision by leaving it on his lap after he was done looking for the movie, but we won’t get into that.. Anyway, all was fine with it. Luckily the Sena case I have for it was the one with the cover over the face (and it’s cushy) and a good thing too, because there were some small pebbles there that did leave some temporary indentations in the leather. So I just soaked up what water was on it and later on gave it a sponge bath and it’s still working fine and I’m sure I’ll have some more stories of my phone doing some pavement diving in the future....

Thanks

Here's my story.

So I'm walking down the street, going to catch the bus to work. Half-way to to the bus stop I go to change the song by pressing the button on the earphones. DAMN!!!!!! I realise I have the phones in the wrong ear!! WTF man. So I swap my ears round and get that song changed to that Britney remix I want to listen to.

Damn
    Last edited by redcard; 2008-01-04 at 02:38 PM.
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Here's my story.

So I'm walking down the street, going to catch the bus to work. Half-way to to the bus stop I go to change the song by pressing the button on the earphones. DAMN!!!!!! I realise I have the phones in the wrong ear!! WTF man. So I swap the ears round and get that song changed to that Britney remix I want to listen to.

Damn
    You were lucky you could even walk!!! MAN! that could of screwed up your equilibrium. Be careful, next time, ALLWAYS check!!!

BTW was it painful to swap your ears around?? Wouldn’t it have been easier just to have swapped the ear-buds???
    Last edited by E-Dragon; 2008-01-04 at 02:23 PM.

Thanks

:

Yeah, I should have, and it would have saved a trip to the emergency room
    To live, you have to lie

I am fed up of 'showcasing' and telling my iphone stories to everyone asking around about the shiny phone in my hand - decided to hide it in a cheap metal case - finally!

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

well a long story short. my iPhone vs a guy using an iPod touch to show off to a girl
    I won and he felt like a big D-Bag.

well a long story short. my iPhone vs a guy using an iPod touch to show off to a girl
    I won and he felt like a big D-Bag.
    Last edited by pokekid; 2008-01-05 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm in Honduras and everything gets robbed cept my iPhone (cause I selpt with it in my pocket because Honduras looked like it wanted to take it from me). Dad lost his blackberry, brother lost his iPod and cellphone and other brothers lost 2 bags of clothes and a little cash. fun trip
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ankitsid's Avatar
    Thanks

well i have 2 storys one about my iphone and the other about the ipod touch
    what happend about the iphone
    i was in houston taking a piss i look up and viola!
    and iphone i spazzed for a second then realized i cant keep this
    i looked around the contacts for a number and found a couple contacts
    the the service was already canceled by then and i was like ohh crap now what to do
    so i went up to the service desk and asked they were like nothing was reported
    and i just said ill be back and ask again in an hour or so
    so i left. hung around in houston for like and hour chillen
    then i went back to the airport and asked again they still said no
    at that point i didnt know wat to do
    i asked and amazingly they said i guess keep it i was like woah!
    i didnt feel right about having the phone but i did have it:[

at that point i was a newb to everything in the world of ipod/iphone modding
    so i updated and it kicked me out to the activation screen i just sold it on ebay
    nothing better to do with it or atleast i had no clue wat to do...

i boaught ipod touch since i didnt have the money to pay 20 bucks a month being no job
    a week after i got the ipod i was sitting at a drum set surfing through the web
    and i had a clumsy moment and droped it
    my heart stopped with no case it was done for
    all that happend waas on the metel around it it got indented i couldnt do anything about it so i worked my emotions over it :[[[|

thats my story:]
    sad at both points
    oh well
    ankit out

Me and my iPhone.

I got my iPhone at the Florida mall in Orlando. I remember it like it was yesterday, I waited in line starting at 12p.m on iDay. I had seen all of the commercials and that's all it took to sell me. When I got to the mall it wasn't very busy at all, I went over to the apple store and there was a line set up in the middle of the main hallway of the mall in front of the store. I counted myself about 40th in line behind one one woman who had camped out outside the night before to be first; a family of 4 all with their MacBooks (real nerdy family), and a whole bunch of other characters that I really got to know that day. At about 3 I started getting hungry so my mom came up to the mall and grabbed me some pizza to eat in line so that I wouldnt lose my place. (yeah my mom came, I'm only 16.) I was getting pretty sore from sitting on the ground and tires of watching people walk by asking what we were doing so I did like most of the other people in the line did at one point or another, I told everyone around me I would be right back and I went over to sears and bought an $8 fold apart lawn chair. From then on I was pretty comfortable. The only thing I could think about was what was behind the paper that the taped up on the glass to block everyones view of the store. By about 5:30, half an hour before the release, there was about 200 people lined up inside the mall and countless other moved to an outside line. There was security everywhere and we still couldn't see what was inside the store. Right before 6 the paper came down and everyone could see that the staff of probably 40 people had completly changed the look ofthe store to gear it completely toward iPhone. A man came out to talk and he said that there would be a place where people could sample the phones before buying and a place where purchases would be made. When they let us in I went straight for the register and asked for 2 iPhones both 4 gig. I had planned to sell one on ebay.later I sold it to a friend for 600, 100 more than I paid for it. I kept my 4 gigabyte iPhone until the day that the price was dropped by $200. I was really mad that they did that to us so I told my mom about it and she called the store and takes to the manager for a while and told him that I was just a kid and that I saved up my money and 200 dollars is a lot. The mnager ended up giving me the 8 gig I own now plus a 100 dollar refund, the difference in the original 4 gig and the 8 gig now. I was really happy with the new phone and I as really worried at he time that they would find out it had been jailbroken and I would get in trouble or somthing. About 2 weeks or so later, jobs started giving out 100 dollar rebates to he early owners so I luckily still had my old phones serial number and I got the store credit and bought a new pair of headphones. When 1.1.1 rolled around I was one of the kids dumb enough not to listen to the forum or read the iTunes warning so I updated my unlocked phone . It didnt turn out well; I was without phone functions for about a week before I snagged my moms credit card to buy iphonesimfree. But during that week, I had been crazy enough to think that just maybe the people at the apple store " genius" bar could help me out. I knew that the first thing they would do was look to see what my imei number was from the activation screen so I did a little work and found out that when I turn my phone off and take my sim card out and then turn it back on then my imei number wouldnt show up bogus, but then after putting it back in and restarting it, it would be. So for a while the guy at the genius bar was trying to fix my phone and he decided to restore it, after the restore he noticedthe bogus imei and he said he needed to try one more thing in the back of the store, so he went back to the back for about 5 minutes and came back. He handed me the phone and didnt say anything, he then reached over the counter and sat a big sign in front of me(paper between
    plexy glass) that pretty much said if you unlock or mod your iPhone then your warranty is voided. So with this being done I was confident that when he took my phone to the back of the store, all he was doing was recording the serial and imei number for the blacklist.

Now my iPhone is on 1.1.2 jailbroken and iphonesimfree unlocked.

I'm 17 and this is my iPhone story, hope you dont hate me for wasting a couple minutes of your life with it.
    btw, what pissed me off about the whole unlocking thing was that I did it for fun just to try it and I ended up getting bricked and having to unlock my phone to update and use with the same at&t iPhone plan I had been using all along.

Sorry for any typos, I did this on my iPhone.

Oh and I just wanted to say that I'm really not a big nerd if you were thinking that. I play football and baseball at my highschool, I'm 6' 170 and I work out everyday. I'm far from a nerd. I'm one of the coolest kids in school and I made homeco
    ing court and all that crap, I'm a junior and all of my friends would be surprised to learn how much tim I spend on my iPhone and most of them would be kind of skeptical about why I'm even on this site at all.

But I love it, hope you liked my iPhone/life story.

Thanks

nice and long i seriouly thought mine was huge man haha

haha yeah I just got to typing, I told everything I know.

I don't have a story. My sprint plan was up, and I was sitting in my Studio room at my internship and saw a commercial for the iPhone. Was very curious, (This was in September I believe) so I chucked down to the nearest Apple store and experimented a little. Long story short, I left that store with the iPhone and haven't been happier to get rid of my Treo 700wx.

Reako

Thanks

LOL I do that too often... Go to the store to "look" and end up coming home with something...

Thanks

haha girls do that to much
    i HATE that about my mom
    she goes out "im just gonna go look really quick"
    BAGS FULL!
    its like damn calm down

Thanks

LOL I think I'd like your mom

Thanks

haaha its fun
    sometimes
    becuase she will actually get somthing fun to mess around with
    but then there are those days she will blow money on random crap
    and like u will see it go in the house in abag

and after that its GONEE
    shes cool tho
    i love my mom:]

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

lol ankitsid my mom does the same thing
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

I think everyone's mom does that. I know my wife does. Stupid gjhgsdfvikshgf...OOPS. I mean, gorgeous and wonderful girl.

Reako

iPhone? More like MyPhone cybergeek2021's Avatar
    Thanks

My Iphone Story:

It all began one fateful day when i ran into my cousin who has an iphone. i played around with it and then decided i would get one for my self. so fast forward about 2 weeks later and i find my self at the mall walking to the apple store just down the hall. the apple logo just shining so bright. as i walk in to the store a apple store person walks up to me and asks me if i would like to make a purchase. i say yes and then i utter one word: iPhone. the man walks me over to the pen where they keep the iphones and tells the person inside to give him an iphone. he then pulls out his wireless cash register and i pull out my card and then next thing i know it i am in the car holding an iphone box in my lap. when i get home i immediately open the box and find the most beautiful phone i had ever seen. i hook it up to iTunes and activate it and transfer my songs. After that i am hooked on my iphone for hours exploring all the features noticing that one thing i saw on my cousins phone is missing, the installer app. o i email my cousin and he tells me that i have to jailbreak the phone. so i go onto google and search iPhone Jailbreak and i click the first link i see. now i had no idea that i was running 1.1.2 so i installed iBrickr and just ran the jailbreak function not knowing what i was doing. it restarted... then displayed command lines... i started to shake and cry... not knowing what to do i called apple and said my phone was showing command lines, the lady at apple told me that i needed to restore the phone and it worked! fast forward a few weeks and i learn about iphone modding and then get a macbook pro and try to jailbreak again and it worked!
    Like what you see... Click on the "Thanks" Button!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast