Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Share Your Iphone Story

iPhone? More like MyPhone ankitsid's Avatar
    Thanks

OHhh damnn i want a macbook so badd
    but there so expensivee like wow

and nice comment about ur wife man, if my wife[whenever that happens] does that ill like go berserk:]

haha
    and yehh
    my names ankit i had to put that in there because u caling me ankitsid was just weierd feeling
    lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Good stories there! Well I have a pretty short one to tell. I'm in Canada, and in November, I just got to thinking that it's time to get rid of my Sony Ericsson w810i. So I figured I'd look up on Kijiji classifieds and see what other phones they have. After a little searching, I found quite a few ads for the iPhone, and I had never really seen one or knew what they were all about. So I decided to get one, I emailed probably like 10 people all saying I would like to buy one the same day, and got answers from quite a few people. One person said that he could meet me downtown where I was working in 30 mins with the phone. So I told him sure!! As soon as he arrived, we took the SIM card out of my Sony, and threw it in the iPhone, then I went back to my office at work, and instantly feel in love with the phone.

Since then, I have purchased a Case Mate for it, and some V-Moda Headphones, and it's been one of the best purchases ever!

There's my uninteresting iPhone story!

Thanks

rounder
    would u still happen to have that sony??
    my phones dead as of last night:[

mines lame...
    i liveD in germany until september, and i always wanted an iphone but i dint know that it was easy to unlock so for around 1 month i kept lookin for unlocked iphones untill i found one for 600$, cheapest one i could find... i ordered this on around 14th september and i left germany on 1st october so i couldnt wait to get it... (the phone was shipped from america...) i dint come until 28th september (i remember the date becuase it was my bros 18th bday) (i came home from last day of skool in germany and my dad told me "no it dint come", i got pissed i put my skoolbag to my room, i found it on my desk ... however, i still had to pay around 150€ in taxes ( WOAH I KNOW) which ended in a total of 600€...it came 1.0.2 unlocked anysim, now im on 1.1.2 anysim unlocked... learnt alot these past few months, one of them, NEVER BRING UR PHONE TO SKOOL AND SHOW EVERYBODY! MINE DINT GET STOLEN but EVERYBODYS LIKE "OMG let me see it" haha

ps. until the iphone i bought a new phone around every month wasting my money, all i can say i finished, i finished my journey :P i found the ultimate phone :P

pps. this forum is awesome, im not in any other forums because this ones not dorky

ppps. im only 15, turned 15 on 21. dec...

Thanks

haha cool cool

Heh I thought making this post would be a mistake and ppl would be writing how much of an idiot i am. Well all the post were a great read. Hope to see more post.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chinpokimon For This Useful Post:

luiz (2008-03-23)

My iPhone is a Part of Me E-Dragon's Avatar
    Thanks

Sometimes a day in someone elses life can be interesting if read thru their words, the funny thing I think about this is; is if you would of watched any of these stories as a video, most all of us most likley would of turned off the vid. 2 min into it

I put off cell phone commitment as long as I could. Myself, a lady with a husband and two kids, hates commitment and contracts. A week ago, I found myself PDA phone shopping with my hubby and he picked out a Tilt and asked me what I wanted. I was up front and told him I like the iPhone the best, but if we didn't have money for it, I have absolutely no problems getting a cheaper phone. A quick check of the bills and the money in the account and I had my beloved iPhone. FREAKING SCHWEET!!! My face hasn't been that lit up since the night I found my dad's moonshine.

Now, I'm a tech-savvy girl and I love modding my computer stuff, but phones are totally new to me, so I'm very glad I found this forum. I'll be picking your brains, for certain.
    Thanks for having me and I can't wait until I get this bad boy unlocked, jailbroken, and rigged the way I want it.
    ----------------
    One Hot Mama to Christopher and Wesley.
    One Hot Wife to Richard.
    One Huge Legend in my own mind.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't have the Sony phone anymore dude... sorry

Thanks

Yo its cool just wondering cuz I need a phone desperatly when somone call it like bibs and doesn't stopand restarts all while still vibrating

Thanks tho

I have two iPhone stories.

So it is December around the time when the Nintendo Wii and Ps3 came out. So im surfing on the web and i all of the sudden have the urge to search for a new iPod in google, when i come to macrumors. Then i see an something called an iPhone and i got really excited for about 2 minutes then i think to myself wait its just a rumor this thing could be faker than my best buds girlfriends hair. So i look around some more and i dont find anything so i drop the topic. in about 2 weeks there is a keynote it says Keynote Adress now i had no idea this is what they were called. I watched the whole thin lasted about 1hr and 45m. I get so excited i am running around showing my mom this thing called the "Keynote Adress" (<-- this is what i thought the iPhone was called i was such a no0b) now its towards the end of january during basketball season. My dad thinks he is very good at basketball so i challeng him to a three point contest. if i win i get an iphone if i lose i pay him $150. Now just who do you think won. Yes i did. so we went double or nothing if i won this time he would get me the subscription to at&t. again. who do you think won. now it is June 29 and i am on my way to visit a high school that i will be attending this year. I have to be at the school at six o'clock the school is in massachusetts i live in connecticut. The at&t store opens at 6 for the iphone o my goodness i wanted to punch a wall. wel i finally got the phone and was at home when my cousin tried to push my mom in the pool.( we were wearing regular clothes) soooo i had to join when i did i wanted to push them in the pool so badly i forgot about my phone guess where it was in my pocket . so i get out of the pool and relize where my phone is. its fried. after 1 week i try to charge and it turns on but i cant take it off of the charger or it will die. so i take it to apple and they give me a brand spankin new one he// yes. THE END

So i have had my new iphone for a while now its beat and battered. i go to charge it one day with my cpu and it doesnt work so i try on the wall charger still nothing. Car charger yes it works. Ok so later that day i press the home button and nothing happens hmm what to do so i search it on apples website and still nothing. now i can not do anything else with it i get no service or wifi anywhere. later that day i am in the car so i figure why dont i listen to some music.SPEAKER BROKEN. AHHH. by now im really not feeling good so the next week i take it to apple and they give me a new one boy was i surprised. now i have had it for about a month and a half and i cradle it like a baby.

1.1.2 Jailbroken
    <<ShadyBeagle>>

P.S. My hand hurts now.
    MyPhone is better than yours

Thanks

man u just have bad luck

ok my story happened yesterday
    well actually its my friends story, but he doesnt have an account on here
    and im pretty much his iphone tech guy anyway

so he and his brother both had 4gb iphones from launch day
    and his started to have horrible battery life
    and all of a sudden, the top of his screen stopped working
    and while he was visiting family in Connecticut, the bottom stopped working too
    so he was screwed haha
    he couldnt get to anything in his dock and could barely get to the stuff on the top

so he took it to an apple store there and they replaced it no problem

but as he was leaving, he decided that he wanted to mess with apple a little

so he went over to the iPod Touches that were on display
    and what do you know, they were on wifi.......

sooooo, he goes to jailbreakme.com and jailbroke their iPod touches before he left hahahaha

Thanks

HAHAHAHAH thats AWESOMEE
    im so gonna do that now
    jailbreak there ipods

that fkn hilariousa

Lol Hahah

Here's my story:

I had a Motorola ROKR E6 for just under a year, and loved it. For those of you who don't know, it's a Linux based touchscreen 'Music Phone' from Motorola. I decided to be very brave one day and do something that no consumer had done before (at that time): Change the keypad. Well, whilst dissecting the phone, I had damaged a teeny tiny ribbon cable that connected the touchscreen membrane to the PCB. So I sent the mobile in for repairs, and was given an estimate of $130 USD, which, was just under half of what I payed for the brand new handset. Now, I must say that up until that point, I loathed the iPhone, as if it had massacred my whole family in front of my eyes. I thought that it was over hyped, and that it was just a fanboy type of device. But then my gf said to me: 'Well, it looks like it's time to get an iPhone'. This took me by surprise, as my gf was against me wasting more money on a new phone. So I sold all of my phones on eBay, and made more than enough to buy the iPhone. I drove an hour out of town, to the nearest Apple store. When I got to the mall it was in (I had been in this mall maybe 2-3 times ever lol) I somehow parked at the closest entrance to the Apple Store. I walked in and was immediately greeted by an employee, and was asked if there was anything that I needed help with. My response was: 'Yeah, I want an iPhone'. The employee appeared to be startled at first, as he didn't have to try to persuade me into anything. I paid for it, and left. The whole experience couldn't have been more than 5 minutes. My boys live in the city that I had went to purchase the iPhone at, so I dropped by the only one who has an iPhones' house. It then took me all of 20 minutes do jailbreak my OOTB 1.1.2 phone. So we were then going to shoot pool- didn't really happen the way we had planned. Earlier that day, he had went 'hide-crazy' in customize and accidentally hid both Customize AND Installers icons from the springboard. Also, he didn't have SSH installed. So we were trying to figure out how the hell to fix his 1.0.2 phone. Needless to say we spent the next 7 hours down/up-grading f/w, only to find that his baseband was semi bricked, and then we finally were able to downgrade the baseband, put 1.0.2 back on and anySIM it. All this b/c at the time, we were both COMPLETE n00bs to this stuff. Of course now I realize that the solution would've taken less than 5 minutes (installing dock and then accessing Customize that way). lol. It's ok though, we got REALLY drunk that night after shooting pool, so it was all good.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

I bought my new iphone, the other day, slipped out of my hands, and slided screen first across the floor (slate floor) put a nice scratch in the screen. Livable though.

Thank god.

srry bout that...

nobody else got any??
    bring this back to life

formerly known as arturpokusin playful_cyanide's Avatar
    Thanks

more of an ipod touch story...

So i save up $400 to replace my 5G iPod video with a 16GB touch. I order it. It get's to my house, and i just had to try the scratch test. I did and nothing happened. not a scratch. Then, during class one day, i was bored and decided to write on the screen with a highlighter. No biggie. i wipe off the ink, and Low and Behold! there are a bunch of scratches! I say to myself, "wtf? it could withstand a razor blade, but couldnt withstand some highlighter's felt tip? So I take a closer look and try it again. (on one of the outer edges). same outcome. so I format the flash drive and send it into apple. they replace it.

and now I want an 8gb iphone.
    Don't forget to hit
    Get your custom MMi Signature's here!

Join the MMi \/\/AVE experience

haha nice one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12