Just a slight bit of info...

I was in the market for a cover of some sort for my 3G, i never covered the original and it was a little scratched over the year i had it... So, i first i check online at ebay and craigs list... I email a few people about the fit and making sure that they know that the 3G is bigger and they all assure me that they know and that these are specific to the 3G... I of course dont beleive them... I thought it was ironic that the same sellers that i emailed had two postings witht the exact same description and pictures, one for original and one for 3G... so i go to the mall to one of the cheap knock off kiosks and ask and they assure me that all of the cases are the same... i know that they are not... so i tell the person there, that is not possible because the new phone is slightly bigger, so i ask if i can try one on to show him and he says no that i have to purchase it first... So i leave and head to the ATT store in the mall... They gladly let me try one of the silicone cases which i dont like because it isnt a skin tight fit... So i go back to the same kiosk and ask to try on a silicone and a hard so that i can prove my point to the worker, at which point he finally lets me... As expected the hard case does not fit, but to my surprise the silone fits like a glove... SKIN TIGHT... so i obviously settle on that seeing as it is $15 cheaper than the ones at ATT... So i guess the original silicone cases are actually better for the 3G...

Moral of the story, make sure you know what you are buying...