Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone know why...

Default Anyone know why...
    ...Photo Library creates duplicate photos from sub folders?

Example: I currently have pics in the following manner:

1. Main Folder (My Pictures) has about 40 pictures
    2. Sub Folder (Private) has about 10 pictures

Now when I synch the iPhone, all goes well. I can tap on Photos and I will see Photo Library and Private as my categories. BUT if I go into Photo Library the 10 pictures that I also already have in PRIVATE also show up in Photo Library...

Any solutions? Kind of redundant if you ask me...Duplicating Photos...what a waste of space.

Oh yeah...running on a Windows Platform. This happened in 1.1.1 and now 1.1.2 is also the same.
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!

Thanks

It's not duplicated... "Photo Library" is a sort of "Show All" option. It displays all the pictures in your library, no matter what album they are attached to. Its the same for the iPod, all songs/videos & photos are taken from one library, they are just categorized through playlists/albums.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-01-03 at 06:35 PM.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    It's not duplicated... "Photo Library" is a sort of "Show All" option. It displays all the pictures in your library, no matter what album they are attached to. Its the same for the iPod, all songs/videos & photos are taken from one library, they are just categorized through playlists/albums.

Ah...that sucks.... :P So basically if you want to show only certain photos from certain albums -> STAY AWAY FROM PHOTO LIBRARY!?!? lol...

I still think that the photos get duplicated cause if you SCP into your iPhone you will see the number of photos go hand in hand with what you have in each folder.
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!