Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OMG my iphone has activated and im on pay as you go.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default OMG my iphone has activated and im on pay as you go.
    I was bored at work so decided to update to 2.0 lol

Iv never had a contract with o2 iv always been pay as you go, reading the leaked unlock thread and after downloading i then read it was a fake, but me been the type of person i am, its in my nature to fiddle and break things. so i tried it anyways and of course it didnt work

So i thought screw it and in itunes i just click on activate, entered my email and passwork for apple store and it popped up congrat's your iphone is activated..

It all works, wifi , i can access app store thing, i can make and recieve calls, and txt's..

Woop woop im happy anyways..

Anyone know if this is normal????
    Last edited by Rustynuts; 2008-07-17 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Are you on a 2nd gen 2.0?
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva

You using o2-UK pay as you go sim? the default sim card basically??

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

No its a 1st gen iphone had it since xmas..

Im using a UK o2 pay as you go sim yes, iv had this sim for about 3 years now, the one that came with the phone got snapped up and binned on purchase.. I hate contract phones , Past experiance lol

This seems to be a UK specific issue, I have activated two 8gb iphones using this same method, as long as you put an active o2 sim in and go through the iTunes process then it will activate the iphone no problem. However people in other countries get asked to join a data plan, see:-

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/unlocki...ing-2-0-a.html
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

oh really wish id have known that 7 months ago before i started hacking the crap out my iphone lol...

In theory - this would work for any iPhone as long as you connected it to an iTunes UK account and used an "active" O2 SIM correct? Or is the IMEI "range" unique to each region - and thereby filtered out?

I travel a fair amount so I unlocked my iPhone first thing after purchase. However, I usually still use AT&T in the States (Pay and Go though) and O2 while in the UK. So - I currently run a PWN`d 1st gen iPhone on 1.1.4 (iPhone was bought in US) with an O2 PayNGo SIM (not Simplicity or anything else - just the cheapy SIM card in the cardboard "hanger") and switch it out with a work SIM (also O2) occasionally and my SIMs from the US when I travel.

If this is correct, I should be able to update to 2.0 (the whole reason for asking this ) plug in either O2 SIM I have, log into my UK iTunes account, connect the iPhone to it and activate like normal. If so, then the next time I`m in the Sates - would I be able to do the same with my AT&T SIM? Would I be able to use the original iPhone SIM but activate on Pay N Go or soemthing different? Would it even require re-activation as long as the iPhone itself already has the activation token fro the UK Activation?