Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone completely bricked: no please connect to iTunes screen

Default iPhone completely bricked: no please connect to iTunes screen
    Dear modmyi.community:

I would really appreciate your help, I am very frustrated and dissapointed at my bad luck (and possibly my computer stupidity).

I recently bought an unlocked iPhone. I decided to unlock it using pwnagetool 1.1, and once it was "pwned", I tried to create a new file image using the included tools. To my dismay, however, all of them were dimmed out. I disconnected and tried to repeat the proccess, to no avail. Then, I thought ziphone would reflash and help out (at least do something), but it doesnt find the phone. I connect the iphone to iTunes, and all I get is a "itunes cannot connect to iphone"" because it requires a passcode, please put it there". I put a passcode in my iphone before, so I assume it must be because of that.

I would infinitely appreciate any help. I am very frustrated and any help is appreciated.

update: Now i get a Failed: (0) Pairing Issue.
    ERROR: ziphone returned 11.

Ziphone suggests me going into Recovery mode, but my screen is blacked out and I can't even tell if it's on or not. Please, I will greatly appreciate any help.
    Last edited by moscowmax; 2008-07-17 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Atokadd's Avatar
    Thanks

Plug it into the wall charger, and see what happens. If its off, it will be on, if its its on, it will stay on. Even if you messed it up, youll know its on.
    Than put it into DFU mode( Guide to do that here: http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php...U_Restore_Mode), and use a trusted software like iLiberty to restore it to 1.1.4 Firmware. Do that by holding down Cntrl, than clicking on the restore button, and choose 1.1.4 You can upgrade to 2.0 firmware, but only if your an At&t customer. THERE IS NO UNLOCKING TOOL FOR IPHONE FIRMWARE 2.0 YET, SO YOU CANT USE TMOBILE OR OTHER GSM NETWORKS ON IT RIGHT NOW. So yea. But anyways, Ziphone only messed your iphone up. NEVER USE ZIPHONE. That probably killed your phone.

Hope some of this helps. And good luck.
    Last edited by Atokadd; 2008-07-17 at 04:05 AM.
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Atokadd For This Useful Post:

moscowmax (2008-07-17)

Thank you, at least now I know itunes recognizes the iPhone.
    Now, my next question would be: what would I do about the "passcode" problem? I know iTunes has recognized the iphone, but i suppose it won't let me do anything because it wants me to "put in the passcode" in my iphone, which I can't do because its, well, black. So, What do you guys think i should do next?

Oh, goodness. iLiberty+ quits unexpectedly. Any ideas, people? Especially with the itunes-passcode issue... I insist, thank you for your help again.

Right. So my status is the following:

-no screen (DFU, i presume)
    -itunes won't let me connect because it asks me for a passcode that I can't put into it to unlock it
    -ziphone says error 11, iLiberty will quit

any ideas/options? I have no restore screen, no normal screen... Help is greatly appreciated. I just bought this phone and I find it very frustrating. Thank you!

Right. So my status is the following:

-no screen (DFU, i presume)
    -itunes won't let me connect because it asks me for a passcode that I can't put into it to unlock it
    -ziphone says error 11, iLiberty will quit

any ideas/options? I have no restore screen, no normal screen... Help is greatly appreciated. I just bought this phone and I find it very frustrating. Thank you!
    Last edited by moscowmax; 2008-07-17 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Atokadd's Avatar
    Thanks

Q1-no screen (DFU, i presume)
    Q2-itunes won't let me connect because it asks me for a passcode that I can't put into it to unlock it
    Q3-ziphone says error 11, iLiberty will quit

A1. No like Ive said, once you plug it into the wall charger, it is definatly on. ( unless you fried the internals somehow? ). Black screen is probably a result of you screwing it up so badly. Dont fret too much over that, thats not really a problem as of now.

A2. If your successfully in DFU mode, itunes shouldnt really do that. My best guess is, put the Phone in DFU mode like the guide explains, than overlook that passcode thing. Just restore the way I described before. If you DID put a passcode in, its a possibility that when you screwed up your phone, it did something to your info, or just rendered it useless completely. ( Fixable, im pretty sure ). Either way, when you restore to 1.1.4 successfully, it will delete ALL YOUR INFO, so you wont need a passlock. Also, if this works, DO NOT use your backup info in itunes, that will just ruin your phone again. IF THIS WORKS, set up your iPhone as a NEW phone in iTunes. Uber Important.

A3. Hrm, this could be apart of itunes. As of now, you dont need iLiberty of Ziphone, till you can restore anyways. So overlook this till you can get through step 1 and 2.
    Keep me updated.
    Feel free to PM.

I really want to get this fixed!
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!