Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Freezing on Lock screen

Unhappy iPhone Freezing on Lock screen
    Ok guys, I have a HUGE problem, I've tried searching, read A LOT, tried all kind of crazy possible solutions and NOTHING, that's why I'm starting a new thread.

First off, My iPhone Specs:
    16GB
    1.1.4 (4A102) Firmware
    04.04.05_G Modem Firmware
    4.6 BaseBand

OK, so as the title suggests my iPhone freezes after being locked, sometimes it works perfectly for 8+ hours, sometimes just for a minute, then I have to hard reset the thing to get it to work, sometimes I have to hard reset it 5 or 6 times to get it to work. If I leave it unlocked and turn off the auto-lock it works perfectly.

I've tried restoring it in normal mode, DFU mode and restore mode, restoring it using a MAC. I've used winpwn, iLiberty+, Ziphone, iplus and pwnage tool. I've downgraded the baseband to 3.9, tried 3.9 FakeBlank.

There are some other suggested solutions I've tried but I don't think it'll help if I mention them.

Aside from taking it to the Apple Store (wich I can't do 'cause I live in Panama, that's why I need it to be unlocked) I don't know what else to do, PLEASE HELP ME!

Really guys? Nothing?

Thanks

Ive had this happen a couple of times and it seems to fix itself if I place the phone into the dock while its connected to the PC.

Really? well when I plug it while it's frozen nothing happens, I have to restart till it works or put it in recovery mode and use iLiberty+'s tool to kick it out of Rec. mode

hey man, I have the exact same problem as you, mine is a jailbroken iphone that went from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 then this happened, exactly like what you had mentioned. I tried everything also, went up to 1.1.4, 1.1.3, then 1.1.1 again and now back at 1.1.2, still the same problem, I've used iLiberty, ibrickr and all other crap but nothing works. I find it work the best when i just don't lock the phone but it is a pain in the *** since I tend to call people by accident sometimes. Did you figure out the solution yet?

No my friend nothing yet, I'm about to change the logic board (it was cheap cause I got it from a broken iPhone I bought) , I'll let you know if that works.

Any luck? I have the same problem-no matter what I do, it still freezes up, occasionally. Just when I think I found the problem, it'll freeze up.

Hey guys im new to this but ive tried all that stuff too and was wondering do you think it could have anything to with being on wifi or downloading apps from itunes cause mine was working fine until i put a app on there then it started its driving me nuts