Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unable to sync 1st gen unlocked iphone with itunes

Default Unable to sync 1st gen unlocked iphone with itunes
    I have a first generation iphone that I unlocked with iLiberty.

I put the t-mobile card and it works perfectly. It makes phone calls. I can also connect to wifi just fine.

The problem I have is that I cannot sync the phone with itunes. When I plug the phone, iTunes tells me:

"The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported..."

I have tried with itunes (latest version) and also with iTunes 7.5 and 7.6 with the same problem.

I would like to be able to put my music on the phone as well. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Carlos

Thanks

Are you using PC or Mac? You may need to wipe the contents of the Lockdown folder on the computer. Did you sync the phone using another SIM and then stuck this one in?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thank you for the quick response!!!

I am using a PC

It was my original iPhone. I got the 3G but I want to keep this first gen one and use it with t-mobile.

I did a restore with firmware 1.1.4 so right now the phone is clean. After the restore, I inserted the new card (t-mobile) and I can make phone calls but still unable to sync my music.

Should I just run the jailbreak & unlock process using ziphone?

Carlos

Update:

I ran ziphone (do it all) and it works fine now. It is currently syncing everything!!!!

Thank you,

Carlos
    Last edited by Carlosreef; 2008-07-16 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

After the restore, you need to put the new SIM in the phone THEN run Ziphone. Once the iPhone has been activated with your intended SIM already present, iTunes will have no problems reading it.

Glad you got it going.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-07-16 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

One more question:

I got it to sync my music but now I am having one issue:

I am unable to save any contacts to it. I manually enter a contact into the phone and they just wont save.

Can that be fixed?

Carlos