Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g Iphone pricing after cancelling service?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default 3g Iphone pricing after cancelling service?
    I have yet to find anyone answering the question of what the at&t contract states about buying the 3g & then cancelling service with in the first 14 days & keeping the phone? What would you be required to pay? Thanks ahead of time.

(please don't post with non-factual info either please)
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you called AT&T and asked?
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

I always wounded what would happen after the 14 day or a month and you just call to report that the phone is lost or stolen, will at&t let you cancel the plan then????

your not keeping the phone without paying full price

Its going to end up being like $600

the phone $300
    First months bill $70
    Early termination fee $175
    A total of $545

Then you need to factor in tax, activation fees, and all the BS fees they put on your bill.

Oh and if you cancel before the first 30 days you need to return the phone as well.
    Last edited by ih8vtec13; 2008-07-16 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ih8vtec13 View Post

the phone $300
    First months bill $70
    A total of $545

Then you need to factor in tax, activation fees, and all the BS fees they put on your bill.

Oh and if you cancel before the first 30 days you need to return the phone as well.
    I don't think that's true, which is why I am trying to get someone with a new contract to tell me what it says... If you cancel in the first 14 days they cannot charge you an early term fee. You can also go with the cheapest plan & would only have to pay for 10 days or so cause you cancelled. I just want to know if maybe they have added some special clause in the contract stating what you will be responsible for price wise for not returning the phone?

Wanderlei Silva

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Anyone know what the penalty will be for buying the phone and then not activating it within 30 days?

I have been looking around but can't seem to find any exact numbers.

ie. go into store, buy phone and not activate it in store (tell them it is a gift, I think they said that was acceptable to do).

Then just never activate it.

But what should I expect would be the penalty added to my CC?

Thanks

Seriously. If you want an iphone then buy one. If you don't have the money, then don't
    To live, you have to lie

You will probably get charged close to $600 for a 16gb and around $500 for a 8gb doing anything where you cancel the contract and don't return the phone or if you dont activate it. I would expect it to be more if you are going to be canceling in the first 14 when the contract states that you "must return the phone no exceptions". Just wait and get one without a contract when they come out or buy one and get AT&T, its pretty simple.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If they would sell one without a contract I would, but seeing as they aren't I am trying to find other ways. (still legal)

Just curious as too how much, if the penalty would be about the same price or if they would try to *** rape the consumer.

iPhone: $299
    Penalty: $175 sorta termination fee
    Penalty2: $275 f-you tax
    Penalty3: $199 GET AT&T FUCKER incentive tax
    Penalty4: $250 just because penalty

Total: $1198

11. The Following User Says Thank You to defmute For This Useful Post:

infamous12550 (2008-07-16)

Keep in mind that just because you say you want it as a gift, and don't want to activate it, you still have to sign the contract.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Seriously. If you want an iphone then buy one. If you don't have the money, then don't

If you don't like the post then don't read it, or better yet don't reply... Buying the phone is one thing, but being forced into a 2 year contract or paying a ridiculous amount for the phone after breaking the contract is a whole different story. I have no prob paying the $500 if that's what it's gonna be. Just wanted to know what the contract say's, from someone that has actually signed one. Thanks for your bright suggestion though...

Wanderlei Silva

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kitsune's Avatar
    Thanks

$299 - 16GB iPhone w/contract
    $36 - Activation
    $175 - Early Termination Fee
    $70 - One month of service
    Total Price Using This Method: $580

From what I have just read, this is how it would work.

Of course the activation fee can vary a little depending on what kind of customer you were and the one month of service can vary depending on what kind of plan you signed up for.

Here is a link I found - http://gizmodo.com/5021186/dont-buy-...a-new-contract
    Last edited by Kitsune; 2008-07-16 at 09:03 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kitsune For This Useful Post:

infamous12550 (2008-07-16)

Quote Originally Posted by ih8vtec13 View Post

the phone $300
    First months bill $70
    A total of $545

^^ Everything in this quote is correct.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by infamous12550 View Post
    If you don't like the post then don't read it, or better yet don't reply... Buying the phone is one thing, but being forced into a 2 year contract or paying a ridiculous amount for the phone after breaking the contract is a whole different story. I have no prob paying the $500 if that's what it's gonna be. Just wanted to know what the contract say's, from someone that has actually signed one. Thanks for your bright suggestion though...
    What's wrong with a 2 year contract? You not gonna have a phone in 2 years or something? Good luck complicating the simple process of buying an iphgone for the sake of saving 20 bucks
    To live, you have to lie

What's wrong with a 2 year contract? You not gonna have a phone in 2 years or something? Good luck complicating the simple process of buying an iphgone for the sake of saving 20 bucks
    Actually buying the contract free way from at&t is 599 and 699 so your really saving 120 bucks by doing it the cancellation method

Thanks

I see reading comprehesion isn't your strong suit. If you read my original thread, I wasn't asking for your witty opinions, I was asking for someone with factual info about what the contract say's... My company is sponsored by T-Mobile & we all get our phone's & service for free. So it isn't just a matter of saving $20 know it all. We are under contract to use their service, not to mention that the $140 bill you'll be paying monthly actually comes out to $3,360 for 2 years. So once again let me stress the question of my original thread... does anyone have factual info from an AT&T contract saying what the fee's are if you keep the phone & cancel with in the first 30 days. Thank you ahead of time.

Wanderlei Silva