Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Proble with slide to unlock/slide to answer

Default Proble with slide to unlock/slide to answer
    I have this weird problem whenever I lock my phone (either with power/sleep button or just waiting for it lock by it self) I cannot unlock it. I push power/sleep button (or home) but the touch screen wont respond.

This is not that bad, because I can push power/sleep twice (turn it off and back on) and now the touch screen works again.

Now the real problem arises when someone calls me, as pressing power/sleep twice drops the call =(

I must admit that I dont live in the US and of course I have unlocked phone (1.1.2) - so I cannot return it to store? as tis was a gift from one of my US friends (and I live on the other side of the globe)

Can anyone help me? I wish that I could just turn off the back light without it actually locking - that would solve my problems.

Thanks

Once the phone has been unlocked, does the bottom portion of the screen work then? It might simply be a sensitivity issue.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

yep once it is unlocked - everything works perfect. It is actually unlocking and taking calls what drives me nuts. Whats worse is that I never seen this problem anywhere. I heard of portions of the screen dying, but in my case it seems like it just does not "wake" after "sleep"

Thanks

That is odd, I've never come across that either. Have you made any customize mods to the slider?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

nope. I have a pretty fresh install of 1.1.2. It seams like it is not a slider but the touch screen. If i bring ipod controls with double click of a home button - they dont work either, untill I press power/sleep twice - the whole touch screen is in "sleep mode"

anybody?
    Last edited by dsedov; 2008-01-02 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have had a similar problem with the phone locking up on me from sleep as well, only thing is with mine the slider freezes up, I restart and that seems to fix the problem.
    I was told you should turn your phone off and on at least once a day, since i have been doing that I have not had much of a problem.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cosmoLV's Avatar
    Thanks

...hmmm
    Ok, you try to turn Off your phone? press and Hold Sleep/Wake button and slider works?
    Try to turn Off and then turn on (i mean restart your phone)
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------

no - it starts working if I just press power twice - (without holding it)
    Restart does not help btw =)

Thanks

but Power Off Slider works? maybee only way to find out what realy happen is just Restore Your FirmWare

Have the same issue with Virginised 1.1.1 and unlocked of course. Same with 1.1.2 prior to unlocking. Basically I haven't seen a state where the phone would not act up like this. It worries me though -as it calls for a touch screen replacement =(

Thanks

Before you do replacement, try to Restore Your firmware - if it not help,
    so... then you will need this: iPhone Complete Replacement Screen - Includes LCD & Digitizer
    And this: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1z0pw2VK7M"]Rplace iPhone Screen Tutorial[/ame]

I had the same issue when I was on firmware 1.0.2. I updated to 1.1.1 and it actually works faster now.

I have the same problem, it seems to be getting worse and worse. Now every time i wake my phone from sleep i have to put it back to sleep and wake it once more to be able to slide the slider. The worst part is I can't answer phone calls without having to hang up on whoever is calling. I've tried hard reseting my phone many times and that doesn't seem to help at all. I've also already restored once, and the problem still persists. I'm pretty sure it isn't the touch screen because it works fine once im actually past the slide to unlock screen, but this problem is getting extremely annoying. Does anybody know if because if this is a software issue with anySIM or jailbroken phones? Any advice you could give would be really appreciated!

Same problem here! I've already described it in another thread:

I got a used 1.1.1 iPhone with 3.9BL jailbroken and unlocked about two weeks ago. Problem is that when waking it up from a sleepmode longer that ~15mins, the "Slide to Unlock"- slider won't react at first. Only after 15-45secs it reacts, unlocks and from then on the touchscreen reacts without problems- no dead strips etc. either. The problem only appears after a longer period in sleepmode when trying to use the "unlock"- or "accept call"- sliders (no problems with the other sliders- only sliders after sleepmode).

I've also tried restoring it to 1.1.4 and jailbreaking/unlocking it again- but the problem still appears without changes.

One fellow in another forum (German) has apparently solved the problem by replacing the sliders with the "Tap To Unlock"-function. I've tried that, too- but no changes.

Any help would really be appreciated- a method to prevent the phone from really locking (just turning off the screen as dsedov mentioned) would be fine, too! Any ideas?

seems like you have the same glitch screen lock as mine

you could install Insomnia, it will literally never put your phone to sleep, but still consume lesser power as if you turn ON your phone

I've tried to gauge the battery level when using Insomnia, ~10% for 6 Hr Sleep Mode
    so if you wish, just turn on Insomnia during the day, and off it when you get home or don't expect many calls afterwards

I am going to poke at this some more, as I am getting the same issue.

As far as I can tell, when the unlock button is pressed/a call comes in, the screen gets calibrated. However, sometimes this calibration seems to be off, and everything does not respond to touch.

I can tell it is the whole screen, as the home double tap to bring up the iPod shortcut brings up the controls, but the controls are also unresponsive. However, mine does calibrate properly on occasion (so I can answer about half my calls)... seems to be about a 50/50 chance.

once the screen has been calibrated properly (when I get it unlocked), as long as I dont lock the screen again, everything works perfectly, even for hours on end.

I used to have 1.1.2, and just flashed to 1.1.4 to no avail. when I was using 1.1.2 I used a stealth sim, so anysim isnt the issue. after flashing to 1.1.4, I used iLiberty+ to activate/jailbreak/unlock.

If anybody has any input, I would like to hear it.

also, random question, is there a way to dump the ram? maybe find the address of where it stores the calibration values, then create a script to keep them in check. crazy idea, but may work.

Thanks for any help!

KelvinalF
    have you tried restoring then re-activate/jailbreak/unlock?

Yep, tried that last night.

Another thought: is there a way to answer the phone via the hard buttons? if that's possible, this glitch wouldn't be nearly as bad.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Having the same problem, and have been before 2.0 and still after. Sigh. My phone is 6 months old but I doubt it's something apple would cover or fix. grr.

same problem here.
    tap to unlock or the CIA version (fake fingerprint detector) works for me, although i much prefer slide because sometimes i answer calls at unwanted times when fondling the phone

but if theres no solution then i guess its alright

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast