Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need help!!!!!!

Default I need help!!!!!!
    I think my iphone is broken! I used ZiPhone to unlock it and iLiberty to jailbreak it and everything worked fine, but after I put on removed a blackjack game and turned my phone off; that's when the trouble started. I tried to turn it back on 20 minutes later, but it's stuck on the loading screen. Every few minutes I see that little loading thing on the apple, but that's it. I tried the emergency hold two buttons for six seconds, but that didn't work either. Is there anything I can do? I'll could upload videos to help clarify my situation. Also, it's a 2G, 8GB iPhone.

EDIT: Now that I tried charging it, the phone's overheating added to what's already happening.

Edit: Now I'm stuck in the recovery process.
    Last edited by y0ungSir; 2008-07-16 at 11:01 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kitsune's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, the six second thing is for DFU. You hold both for six seconds and then let off the top, but keep holding the bottom until your PC makes a sound recognizing a USB. (Screen will stay black) You want restore however, I think. Just hold both down until hell freezes over.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
    Well, the six second thing is for DFU. You hold both for six seconds and then let off the top, but keep holding the bottom until your PC makes a sound recognizing a USB. (Screen will stay black) You want restore however, I think. Just hold both down until hell freezes over.
    Success! my pc recognized the iPhone. Will it be okay after I restore it?

EDIT: I got it working ,but iLiberty doesn't recognize the phone only iTunes and it said I must update.

EDIT:Now iTunes saying 'preparing restore' for like 5 minutes now.

Now my phone is in recover mode and I can't figure out how to take it out. I'm trying to get either ZiPhone or iLiberty to activate the phone, but it isn't working.
    Last edited by y0ungSir; 2008-07-16 at 10:56 AM.

Thanks

It will say the preparing restore thing for a long time. The whole process takes a long time.

It will say the preparing restore thing for a long time. The whole process takes a long time.
    LOL it just got out of restore, but when I tried using iLiberty it went into recover mode and iLiberty couldn't recognize it. What should I do know?

Thanks

I couldn't get iLiberty to work with my phone at all. I downgraded it to 1.1.4 before I sold it and it would 'never' recognize it. Try a different tool. Ziphone is what I used.

I couldn't get iLiberty to work with my phone at all. I downgraded it to 1.1.4 before I sold it and it would 'never' recognize it. Try a different tool. Ziphone is what I used.
    Ok that's what I'm going to use now. Also, what if Ziphone doesn't work either? Did this whole iPhone ordeal happen to you too?

Thanks

Mine didn't crash like yours did, however I tried restoring over and over to get iLiberty to work. I even used a second program, but the moment I went to Ziphone, it worked fine.

Ok now ZiPhone been saying rebooting phone in recovery mode for like ten minutes now. Is that normal? And when Ziphone put my iPhone in recover mode iTunes popped up saying I need to put it back in recover mode. Gosh.

Crap. The output log says the following.

"Checking Ziphone integrity....
    Searching for iPhone...
    Copying Inga.dat...
    Entering recovery mode."

It's said that for almost 20 minutes now.
    Last edited by y0ungSir; 2008-07-16 at 11:35 AM.

Thanks

Make sure that the iPhone is showing up in iTunes (not syncing or anything, just showing up with the icon) before you try and jailbreak with Ziphone. At least I believe that is one of the requirements.

^ It shows up and all iTunes said is my phone is in recover mode and it needs to be restored.

Thanks

It's getting late so sorry if I seem confusing. You may want to try kicking it out of restore mode. Winpwn can do that. As can jailbreak 1.1.2, ibrickr, and iLiberty (may work even if it doesn't recognize your phone on the main page. Check the advanced tab.) Once out of restore, try to jailbreak.

I am going to get to bed.

All I can offer other than this, is if it doesn't work, try another restore through DFU mode. (Unless you used DFU mode in the first place and not restore mode.) (DFU will have a black screen and show nothing else, but you PC will recognize it. Again, turn off iPhone, then hold both buttons to turn it on and hold for 6 seconds. After you count to six, release the top button, but hold down home until your PC makes a USB confirmation noise. This can take an additional 10 seconds or so.)
    Last edited by Kitsune; 2008-07-16 at 11:48 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kitsune For This Useful Post:

y0ungSir (2008-07-16)

It's getting late so sorry if I seem confusing. You may want to try kicking it out of restore mode. Winpwn can do that. As can jailbreak 1.1.2, ibrickr, and iLiberty (may work even if it doesn't recognize your phone on the main page. Check the advanced tab.) Once out of restore, try to jailbreak.

I am going to get to bed.

All I can offer other than this, is if it doesn't work, try another restore through DFU mode. (Unless you used DFU mode in the first place and not restore mode.) (DFU will have a black screen and show nothing else, but you PC will recognize it. Again, turn off iPhone, then hold both buttons to turn it on and hold for 6 seconds. After you count to six, release the top button, but hold down home until your PC makes a USB confirmation noise. This can take an additional 10 seconds or so.)
    I'm at 1.14(t-mobile too) and yes I'll probably keep trying things. Thanks anyway at least you got me out of the black screen. +1

EDIT: I'm probably at 2.0 it said my iPhone software is up to date. That's probably why it didn't work.

I fixed it. This can now be closed and I'll explain my methods a little later, but the soultion is restoring your iphone to 1.14 with an older itunes and fw 1.14.
    Last edited by y0ungSir; 2008-07-16 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yep! If you were at 2.0, then you have to use an older version of itunes. I had to do the same thing. Sorry, if I had known you were at 2.0 I could have helped more.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kitsune For This Useful Post:

y0ungSir (2008-08-03)

Yep! If you were at 2.0, then you have to use an older version of itunes. I had to do the same thing. Sorry, if I had known you were at 2.0 I could have helped more.
    I would have went to Apple if it wasn't for you. Thanks a lot +1 Though, I traded my 8gb for a 16gb and a 100 bucks the other day though lol.