Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone with extra apps

Thanks
    Default iphone with extra apps
    lemme start off by first saying, PLEASE tell me if i am posting in teh wrong section for this.now with that said,

i just got my iphone today 8GB 1.1.4 unlocked/jailbroken yada yada for 200$ (steal right?) anyways i bought it from a guy on craigslist, and he has all kinds of apps and stuff and all his original stuff, some of his apps i want to keep, but is there a way that i can go in and delete alot of his old apps that i dont want/ i asked a friend of mine and he said installer.app which he said i should have on the phone but i cant find it, which also brings me to another question, all the apps on here have no text at the main menu i cant tell whats what unless i touch it, is there a way for me to have the text on each app so i know what it is? i have the theme set to default, i googled the installer.app and i noticed the default icon is an arrow pointing down? correct me if im wrong, but thats the itunes store, if someone could point me in the right direction, and if i have to DL and install installer.app, could you direct me to the right thread that tells me how to put it on the phone? thank you very much

and once again, if i am in teh wrong section please dont hesitate to tell me im wrong

::edit:: also, when i hook the phone up and bring it open in itunes i can see all his music and videos and stuff, which i want to delete but for some reason i cant select ANYTHING, i cant select the songs, videos, podcasts anything i cant select them to delete them, any suggesstions?
    i mean if it comes down to it i can upgrade to 2.0 if it means being able to delete, downgrade back to 1.1.4 and jailbreak/unlock all that stuff
    Last edited by Susa; 2008-07-16 at 06:26 AM. Reason: found another problem/question

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

open summerboard and turn the text labels back on and that should give you the names of the apps on your homescreen.
    to get rid of his media, click manually manage media or have the phone sync to one of your playlists so it erases and syncs with your stuff.
    you can always just download the 1.1.4 firmware and then restore to stock and jailbreak with pwnage or iliberty.
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

Thanks
    ok i got rid of all his music and photos and such, thanks a ton for that info, but the whole summerboard thing, i dont think he had that, he has something called "bosstools" i see alot of icons on there, but they seem to be out of date, if someone could just tell me where and how to install installer.app on there that'd be great i think that should solve alot of my problems

::edit:: ok i figured out the putting the text back, on i did some googling, now im removing some of the apps i dont want. and the program i have is apptap installer, is that a decent program?

ok, so i got everything working out just fine now, got rid of all his apps got the ones i wanted, everything is all good, cept for one thing, i guess that boss pack he had allowed u to hide apps, and well i unhid them all then uninstalled the boss tool, but now i have two 'hidden apps" that are supposed to stay hidden now i cant find the boss tools anymore cept in french and its still not the right one i think, 1 app is call FieldTest and it has a "?" as an icon and the other one is DemoApp also with a "?" icon, is there a way i can delete/hide those two again? its really annoying lol, well thanks in advance

:edit2: ok so now i got everythign the way i want it its all good no i hid all the programs and all that good stuff, now i juts have a question, i have this app called Customize, that i can change all my stuff, but i dont see any themes or whatnot on apptap or whatnot, mainly i just wanna change some of the sounds of things, maybe a few others, am i doing something wrong, am i using an outdated app/installer?
    also, i use tmobile, ive been reading i can have full access if i get t-zones 5.99/mo plan, if i get the 5.99/mo plan, what internet options will NOT be availbe/will get charged for? ALSO i dont have tzones at all already ive been browsing the webb and such and downloading things thru Wi-Fi, tmobile wont charge me for that will they?
    Last edited by Susa; 2008-07-17 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Iphone 3G, unlocked & activated.
    Windows XP SP3.
    T-Mobile.