Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My unsuccessful attempt to get a 3G

Default My unsuccessful attempt to get a 3G
    Well,it started on the first day when I contacted the only 2 at&t stores in my area that carries the new iPhone 3g. First day was not a success although I figured seeing it was the first day. I then contacted them the next 4 days to see if they had gotten any in,but of course not. They have only got in 40 phones in both stores since the release. So I leave for Dallas yesterday and I go to an Apple store in Dallas because Arkansas (where I live) has 0 apple stores. Of course there sold out too. I promised myself I would buy a 8g black or 16g white,whichever was left. I'm about to give up and just stick to my 1st generation iPhone as bad as it hurts =(

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kitsune's Avatar
    Thanks

We have pretty much established they 'do' have iPhones. They are just not allowed to sell them. I think it was for a week perhaps in some areas.

Sucks dude, got mine Saturday.

They will be stocked soon...dont give up!

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

i know what you mean man. my brother and his girlfriend have been looking and calling the stores around here with no luck. they finally got rid of their ugly sidekicks when they saw my iphone. good luck bro
    have you tried the apple stores?
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

you can always get the clone 2! jk Hope you get one soon man!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Airedale1 View Post
    I'm about to give up and just stick to my 1st generation iPhone as bad as it hurts =(
    As bad as it hurts? You're gonna kick yourself in the azz once you get it and stick it beside your 1g.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...nce-today.html

Two people went to att stores today and both agreed on the same points. NO realistic advantage to the 3g phone.

Well like I said. I'm from Arkansas and there are no apple stores in the state. The only apple store I've went to in Dallas had a sign in front said "no,we don't have any 3g iPhones left" I'm not really going to give up,its just getting really discouraging being such a loyal iPhone user.

bump
    Last edited by Airedale1; 2008-07-16 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Same thing here in Miami/Fort Lauderdale NO iPhones at any AT&T stores and not a shipment since the initial launch shipment. I called the Apple store in Fort Lauderdale and they have 16 GB Black in stock but there is a 2 hour wait. I think this is going to sell another million by the end of July. This is HUGE.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

i wouldnt run out and buy it just yet. unless you have a desperate need for 3g in your life, at least wait until the jailbreak and unlock is ready for it.

Thanks

none in rhode island too even at AT&T n apple stores.

I called my at&t stores again today,still no phone shipments nor do they know when they will get anymore. Tomorrow will be exactly 1 week since the 3G launch so do you think at&t will be stocked tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Airedale1 View Post
    Well,it started on the first day when I contacted the only 2 at&t stores in my area that carries the new iPhone 3g. First day was not a success although I figured seeing it was the first day. I then contacted them the next 4 days to see if they had gotten any in,but of course not. They have only got in 40 phones in both stores since the release. So I leave for Dallas yesterday and I go to an Apple store in Dallas because Arkansas (where I live) has 0 apple stores. Of course there sold out too. I promised myself I would buy a 8g black or 16g white,whichever was left. I'm about to give up and just stick to my 1st generation iPhone as bad as it hurts =(
    no offense to anyone on this forum. But by reading all the horrible things about this phone. What technology savy person would honestly upgrade to the garbage iPhone 3G if you have an iPhone already? It's actually POINTLESS my friend. How the hell can I go2 the ATT store and put my phone and this phone internet connection together and the 3g load myspace a FEW SECONDS faster with both phones having full service? GPS? HA who doesnt have GPS and want to use there sell phone for it.

The only negative thing I've heard about the new phone is the "yellow" screen. Its 3G,sleeker,flushed headset,lighter,turn by turn gps. I mean come on,its obvious apple and iPhone fans were going to buy them. Back to my question,you all think AT&T will be in stock tomorrow since it will be 1 week since the release.

First off....the whole "yellowish screen" thing wasnt bad quality control, Apple designed it to be more "easy" on the eyes. I have both now, 3G and first-gen and side by side actually like the 3G screen better.

As for everything else, I LOVE the slighter new design (feels much better in your hands), the phone feels lighter.

3G speeds are greatly improved over edge, I have used alot and mine seems as fast using 3G and it does on WIFI, the difference I cant tell. Edge sucks!

Yes, it does drain the battery faster, but I make alot of calls and play alot and can still get a day out of it, so its good for me.

GPS, I have a TomTom, but having the feature on the phone has already come in very handy.

All in all, to each his own.....I am very glad I bought one.

I'll be very happy too once I get mine! If I could just get in I'm going to go to AT&T tomorrow and hope they got some in. If not,I'm just going to order one.

Cant wait until they work out how to unlock it, but for the time being i am going to have to be satisfied with my prepaid kit.

Hopefully its released before i get my phone on friday (week) getting a white 16gb for $850

Why not just wait? You could get almost 3 for that price.