Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!!!!!! Pc does not see iphone. Only charges. Itunes doesnt see it.

Angry Help!!!!!! Pc does not see iphone. Only charges. Itunes doesnt see it.
    i just have gotten a unlocked iphone 1.1.4 (4a102). heres the problem, i am having such a problem getting a computer (mac or pc) to see the iphone. i have tired it on three macs and countless computers. it will charge the iphone but nothing else. the wall charger that i am using is from a ipod mini. which is the firewire to the firewire plug. i dont understand why it will not work with a computer. i googled a few sites but have still left my questions unanswered. i have brought another wall charger and that will not work. i have nothing on my iphone that i need so its a fresh start if i can even start. i have tired ziphone and what wont see the iphone. i have tired using an at&t sim in my phone to see if it goes to itunes. i dont understand why itunes will not see my phone. is it a hardware problem? if it is i dont understand why it will charge still then? i have tired different versions of itunes. i hope someone can help me! i am also very new with iphones but not an idiot when it comes to computers... lots of feedback would be GREAT!

iPhone? More like MyPhone AKA_Ben's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you tried putting the phone in recovery mode and seeing if iTunes finds it then?

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

when connecting to the PC, use USB...dont use firewire. Hope that helps.

Yah make sure that you are not using FireWire and if it is your computer you may want to do an uninstall and reinstall of iTunes. There are some articles from apple about how to properly uninstall iTunes, its not as straight forward as you think. Here is a good link.

iPod shows up in Windows but not in iTunes

Let us know if that works!

make sure you are Using 2.0 USB ports
    (/)EMESIS

i am using usb 2.0 and not firewire. do you guys think its a hardware problem? i just dont understand. it doesnt even work with its oem charger. it will work with the firewire charger through

Thanks
    hmmm I had the same problem, make sure ure using the original USB cable that came in the box