Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible to turn off 3G and EDGE?

Default Possible to turn off 3G and EDGE?
    I want to buy a 3g iphone from Fido (Rogers) but because of the cost I'm probably going to go without a data plan. Is it possible to cut of 3G and EDGE so it would be impossible for them to charge me for data? Most of the time a wifi hotspot is near so I can just use that.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

im not sure if there is anything for non jailbroken mods. i would contact them about it and see if they can turn off data and allow you to use the iphone without a data package. you might be able to but i doubt it since thats how they make their money. good luck man
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

I am considering the same thing but I am with AT&T in the US. Is it possible to do that.
    "Knowledge Speaks But Wisdom Listens"

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

you can turn off the 3g in the setting for iphone 3g. but untill its jailbroken which should be soon. you would need boss prefs and then you can shut of edge and other things, but this depends if and when bigboss will port the app. if u dont want data or any thing why not get a touch
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Go in and turn off Data Roaming. Now you can use WiFi only.

BUT this may not be the best solution. The option to turn EDGE off in v2.0 is not there but it is in v1.0 firmware.
    Last edited by sasaurus; 2008-07-18 at 03:00 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just call Robbers / Fido and get them to put an internet block on your account. This will block any kind of activity over the cell network. If you do get any charges, they will take them off your bill.
    If my post was helpful to you, hit the thanks button!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ASar08 For This Useful Post:

sasaurus (2008-07-18)

yes, they can partition your account on the HLR so that you have no internet access to the server... Just call them, although i know that T-Mo can do this but they wont because they tell you that you may need it so they can contact you...