Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Cant get my background to change.

Exclamation Help Cant get my background to change.
    Before the 3g phones came out I sold my G2 iPhone on ebAy and backed the firmware up and everything all on iTunes so that I could still have all my pics contacts etc etc. Well I get my 3g sync it and everything and it comes ip with my old picture off of customize on 1.1.4. I keep trying to change the wallpaper and it will never change it just constantly sits on the old wallpaper from customize. It also has the carrier brand I had on it and it let's me change the battery in top right corner to percentages. Anyone know what to do to get my background changed?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you should not set up your phone with a jailbroken back up. you need to restore this phone and set it up as new. to save your pictures sync it with itunes prior to restoring

I had the same problem along time ago. You need to delete "Lock Background" through SSH. You can find out how to do that by searching the forum. Sorry I don't remember the step by step instructions but it's somewhere here. You'll be able to change wallpaper once it's deleted.
    If I helped you please hit the THANKS button

Thanks

^^^The OP will have to wait for the jailbreak solution before he can SSH into his device. After that, deleting the LockBackground.jpg file in the /var/mobile/Library folder will work.
    Apples taste good.

alright thanks! =] everyone on these forums are always so helpful. I'll just wait for jailbreak.

Default 2.01 2g Iphone Customize Backgrounds not applying
    First let me say I searced the forums for 4 days on this so please dont yell. I followed all the directions on the site to delete the BackGround.jpg file from the SSH however I STILL cannot apply the backgrounds. I can install the themes and everything works BUT the background. I also tried changing permissions as someone els stated as well and neither way worked. How the heck to I do this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nitro4you75 View Post
    First let me say I searced the forums for 4 days on this so please dont yell. I followed all the directions on the site to delete the BackGround.jpg file from the SSH however I STILL cannot apply the backgrounds. I can install the themes and everything works BUT the background. I also tried changing permissions as someone els stated as well and neither way worked. How the heck to I do this?
    Did you try to use customize to set a theme after deleting the jpg file?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruejl View Post
    ^^^The OP will have to wait for the jailbreak solution before he can SSH into his device. After that, deleting the LockBackground.jpg file in the /var/mobile/Library folder will work.
    I have a jailbroken 3g 2.0.1, i have the same problem, when i ssh in i go into the folder but lockbackground.jpg is not there. I cant find it

I tried to reapply another theme and even download a new one and reboot between and re ssh and the file is not put back I can't seem to figure this out for the life of me I've stared at this for a week !! I wiped 3 times so that's not it either help!!