Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Swapping BlackJack II for Iphone

Default Swapping BlackJack II for Iphone
    OK, so I recently purchased a brand new BlackJack II and now my friend wants to trade me for her Iphone. I know it's not that simple. When she puts her simcard into my BlackJack it works fine, but the problem is my simcard being put in her Iphone. What will happen when I activate the Iphone with my simcard on my itunes? What do I do? Thanks in advance.

PS. Is there a way maybe that I could install anysim on her phone? Is that what that program is used for? And I also don't have a data plan on my simcard, but I did look up how to disable EDGE. Is that the only thing I need to do without a data plan to avoid being charged out the WAZOO?

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

u need to unlock the phone and jailbreak it to install a services app to disable edge

what firmware does the iphone have?
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by pokekid View Post
    u need to unlock the phone and jailbreak it to install a services app to disable edge

what firmware does the iphone have?
    What? Why would you do that. Afaik, its not necessary.

If you both have AT&T, just take it to the ATT store and see what they can do. You may have to do a transfer of contract for both cell accs.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont think he wants to add another 2 years to his contract. its easier to do it this way because my friends tried to do this and att said that they couldnt do it because of some damn reason and they would only do it if they canceled their contracts and what not
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

Banned
    Thanks

just say u bought the iPhone on ebay and want to change ur plan....it only changed my friends plan by $5 a month but i know it might be different for u. He called ATT before he bought his iPhone and asked the questions about money and stuff. However, u might not want to extend ur contract so its ur desicion...but i never understood why people dont want EDGE....it makes the phone 10x better IMO...but T-Mobile internet is only $6 a month

and ANySIm is a program used to unlock the phone for other carriers...u dont need it

I called AT&T today and their suggestions were everything I didn't want to happen. I would have to extend my contract 2 yrs, pick a data plan and so forth.. After looking some more on forums and what not, I found a way to unlock the phone. But does unlocking the phone allow me to swap AT&T simcards with no prob., or does it just allow other simcards to be activated?

Also, on disabling the EDGE feature. I saw a video on youtube where a guy just went to general settings, then edge settings and added a bunch of nonsense numbers and letters to the EDGE address that it uses to connect to the edge network. That seemed very easy, is that all I need to do? Thanks for the responses, keep them coming, i'm trying to get the better end of the deal in getting the iphone in this trade.

PS. The iphone is 1.1.2 modem firmware 04.02.13_G
    Last edited by carter1124; 2008-01-02 at 03:34 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

My friend asked me that same question about unlocking it. I didnt have an answer cuz i have never tried it or herd about it. but i know how to disable EDGE...there is a program called services that that lets u turn EDGE off. U need to jailbreak ur phone to add this