View Poll Results: Do you want SSH on the new firmware (2.0/1.2)?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Good your normal)

117 96.69%
  • No (Ummmmmmm, just go die and get a Zune)

4 3.31%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SSH and 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    ok, ssh drainds battery. with bossprefs you can toggle ssh on and off.

i have a 3g and battery draining is bad enough as it is.

i NEED a way to toggle ssh on and off in cydia, any ideas?
    This is the reason why I have yet to fix my Mail.app. If I install openSSH I have no way of toggling it on or off.
    • On T-mobile with 2.0 with help from Pwnage 2.0

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Well unless you are constantly using SSH there is no reason to keep it installed until a toggle is provided.

I just install it when I need it, do my business and uninstall it when finished. This kinda sucks, but I don't use SSH very often so it works until bossprefs is on 2.0.

Thanks

i suppose this would work for now, im not that desperate personally to use ssh for now at the battery draining costs.

i see big boss has ported some apps over to 2.0 and cydia already, i am very surprised that bossprefs was not the first app that he did.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Quote Originally Posted by defmute View Post
    Well unless you are constantly using SSH there is no reason to keep it installed until a toggle is provided.

I just install it when I need it, do my business and uninstall it when finished. This kinda sucks, but I don't use SSH very often so it works until bossprefs is on 2.0.
    Yeah, that will have to do for now.
    • On T-mobile with 2.0 with help from Pwnage 2.0

This is my problem.
    I just installed 2.0 on my iphone.
    I've connected it to my house router (ssh installed), but when I try to connect to it via winscp, it just pops out "Network error. Connection refused". I would appreciate any help, especially because this is my first time doing this kind of thing. thnx.

P.S. my house wifi is wep secured, if that means anything.
    Last edited by mister_lola; 2008-07-21 at 10:01 PM.

Thanks

make sure you have sftp, port 22, ip of your phone, and user pass is root/alpine.

restart the phone after installing openssh

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!
    I get this message every time my iPhone's IP on my network changes. I just click OK . The first time WinSCP connects to a new IP it does take a longer than usual length of time and will occasionally time out. It will usually work the next time.

"Network error. Connection refused".
    Check the IP address you are entering. Every do often my iPhone decides to pick up a new IP on the network. For instance, it was 192.168.1.7 for ages, then one day it switched to 192.168.1.4 Took me a while to figure out why WinSCP wasn't connecting.

Using an Airport Express is could not SSH to my 3G device. I switched to an older Airport Express that I have with the same result. I then connected an unused Netgear access point and was able to get into the phone instantly. Not sure why Netgear worked and Airport Express didn't, but my problem was solved by the switch.

Thanks

bossprefs is on cydia now

many thanks BigBoss!

Suck it up, Sucker

i dont think we will need anymore the SSH on the new iphone.
    cause we have other issues now .... !
    No spam!!!!!!

I have the same problem with OpenSSH on my 2G iPhone (2.0 pwned with simple mode).
    I installed OpenSSH via cyidia, and also installed BossPref and Power tool. (My Powerbook is on OS X Tiger)

I can't access my iPhone since the upgrade using terminal, transmit, fugu, cyberduck...urghhh
    I've been installing and removing the OpenSSH (and rebooting the phone each time) repeatedly during this week, and even reinstalled the pwned OS twice.
    I checked my ~/.ssh/ for known_hosts file and remove it, before trying the connection anew.

But, each time, I either get "operation timed out" or "permission denied" message.
    Where have I gone wrong? Your inputs will help me greatly.

Thanks in advance.

i have same problem. i cant connect winscp to my iphone. network error, blah, blah. i have XP and a 2g ighone on 2.0FW pwn'd, of course. is there another SSH client? oh yeah, and why does my edge work, but never with sms. "error sending message" is all i get. but weather works....hmmm... any ideas, jedi iphoners?.....
    i used to pray to the Lord every night and ask Him for a bicycle- but then i realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for Him to forgive me...

I don't even see OpenSSH in Cydia, installed or not. Why is this?

question! i read all of your comments. i just had problems with my unlocked iphone. and i ended up having to re-unlock my iphone. now i have version 2.0. do you think its safe to upload ssh...i'm still a little confused. i also have cydia..should i use that to upload ssh? or should i just use my computer (i have a mac). sorry..i'm new to this and not too sure what you guys are talking about! sorry...but if somebody could help me step-by-step that'd be great! i promise i'm a fast learner and i know some terms. but yah..if someone could help me! THANKS!

Smile SSH on 2.0.1
    Hi all im using winscp and have FM 2.0.1 jb (everything configured correctly in winscp) everytime i try to connect it just says "cannot connect : access denied" i have tried many times and reebooted ipod and PC...can n e 1 help???
    thx jack

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Im the same, never had problems with sshing into my iphone, but since i upgraded to 2.0.1 i cant get in, connection just times out..

I restarted the iphone several times, along with the pc..

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php

Ipod touch 1.2.0.1, installed openSSH
    I was facing the same problem but then i downloaded bossprefs, from there i first disabled the SSH, waited for it to do its thing, then enabled it again and waited for it to do its thing, next i shut off the ipod by holding the power button and sliding the bar. Powered up again and voila ssh started working. You can check the ip in Bossprefs too

Used Windows XP and WinSCP, username: root, pass: alpine

Hi, i have a different kind of problem, my ssh is is very slow when copying the files to the iphone , works fine the other way round. What is the problem?
    It worked fine with 1.1.4 1st gen iphone when upgraded 2.0 saw this problem. i jb my new iphone 3g and the same problem again.
    When tranfering lets say a large file it takes 4 sec to start then it copys a bit it stops for another 4 sec then copys another bit and so on...
    What could it be?
    Thanks for any help.

hi i am wavee frm india, i have 1.1.4 8gb with me . am a rookie no much knowledge of software but want to shift to 2.0.2 an upgrade of the version..but i may loose al of my data from right now what i am having.all application which i am having.particularly songs ,video and photo and contacts will be gone.
    pleae help if i can get the upgraded version as well as all my data with the installer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast