Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to take images OFF of my iPhone ?

Default How to take images OFF of my iPhone ?
    Now, the title of this thread seems a bit silly but I'm not talking about pictures taken from my camera..
    I have the Wallpaper App. Where I get a bunch of random wall papers,
    and it goes into the Wall Paper section of my iphone.
    ( Settings> Wallpaper> Wall Paper )

And I would like to know if there is a possible way to extract those pictures to my computer, for I am about to restore my iPhone to default.
    I bought my iPhone back in March, so it's not the 3G.

I don't mind downloading programs to use, and also
    I have a Windows XP Home Edition computer,
    So yeah, any help here ?

Well, if you sync your iphone with your computer.....it will sync your pictures.

After you restore all you have to do is sync back and it will throw the pics back on your phone, along with contacts, sms msgs, call logs, etc.

It doesnt show the pics in itunes, but it does back them up.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Well, if you sync your iphone with your computer.....it will sync your pictures.

After you restore all you have to do is sync back and it will throw the pics back on your phone, along with contacts, sms msgs, call logs, etc.

It doesnt show the pics in itunes, but it does back them up.
    I would go with you on that, however, I have restored before, and my WALLPAPER section of pictures was completely wiped out.

Awww, mis-read alittle.

Ok, the only way I know of to get to those pics is SSHing into the phone to get to the file system (I use WinSCP on Windows). Basically, there is a folder in the file system where those pics are stored and you could just copy all of them over to your computer. I have done this before to delete all the original crappy ones Apple provides.

I doubt their is any other way. Search for "SSH" or "WinSCP" on the forum if you've never done that before.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Lynahz (2008-07-15)

Okay thanks very much!!!

Yes, the only way you will be able to grab the "wallpaper" is to SSH into it.

I would personally just restore and re-install the "wallpaper application", as you would need to SSH into it again to restore the wallpaper onto your iPhone.

Hope I have helped you.