Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G battery SUCKS!!!

Yesterday I used my phone a good bit and noticed that the battery meter wasn't changing as the day went on...I was happy cus it said it was full all day. At around 9:30 that night, my phone died. My battery meter hasn't moved at all today either. What the he'll is going on? Is anybody else having the same problem or could somebody explain why my battery meter isn't changing...it's annoying when u can't see how much charge is left

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

huh i wonder why you guy didn't like the iphone3G i like my very much, because it better then my 2G the standy time it Awesome. click this my screen shot
    http://i33.tinypic.com/vnh3x2.png

I have 16GB iphone unlock.

All ihave do it first when i get the battery i let it dead compelte, before i rechange it to overnight. 7-8 hour. oh that i only use one hour of wifi, n rest for 3G because in my work place get wifi, so i no need to use 3G. let me know if you guy need help for that. i alway welcome someone who need my help. just to let you guy know am pretty new in this form. i join because i need dl some of app, tool,. alway take care all, god blessing

hey here is an idea since you can't go into work with your phone try this...turn on airplane mode.... i think your calls go straight to voicmail?...and it will save your battery once you get back into the car turn off airplane mode
    Please thank me if I helped you! ---------------------------------->

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 3G battery does not suck
    I beg to differ with the 3G being bad on batteries. If you notice it's really that bad, call your provider and get a replacement.

I just got my brand new replacement on Friday, and the battery is still going right now (I'll post a screenshot). My previous iPhone was getting around 3 - 4 hours of usage and about 10 hrs of standy and it was dead.

Now check out the stats. I seriously think I had a defective battery. Because with this one, I have all turned on, 3G is on, location services is on, Push is on. Everything.

So don't tell me that the 3G battery sucks, you simply got a lemon, call and get it replaced.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg  
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

Are these usage/stand by times good ? it seems ok but not too sure...

EDIT: This is with wifi off most of the time, 3g off, brightness set to around 20%, push off aswell, just been used for texting mostly, and checking facebook using the edge conection when out and about.

3G network and bluetooth really kill the battery on any phone. I think I have been having problems with mine every since 3.0

my battery doesnt last as long as i'd like,the first fix i found was getting an ihome dock connector, because i found all the stations i listen to during the day at work on my iphone anyway, so i plug that it and it keeps charging.. but then when i leave work, i still have to worry about whatever im doing and having battery. but not for much longer. I got a mophie juice pack air and should be arrving in a few days.

The first version of every firmware version is always pretty bad for battery life. When 2.0 came out, the 3G's battery was terrible. But 2.0.2/2.1 made the battery MUCH better. Im sure by 3.1, the battery problems will be fixed...

I think I know how to fix this. I'm assuming you backed up your data from your 1st gen iPhone and restored it on your 3G. You need to set up as new and not restore from back up.
    If I helped thank me!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

>.> necroposters... FAILURE!

Thumbs down Battery Life Setting
    I Had The Same Problem With The Battery But Now Everything Will Be Ok .. The Only Thing That We Have To Do To Save The Battery Is Switch Off The Equilazer From Setting, Ipod, Equilazer And Make It Off ...

I guess the next step for me is to make an appt with the Apple fellas. I can't even get 2 hours of heavy use out my iPhone 3GS without it being dead...

How exactly do I unjailbreak it again? Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by wepeeler View Post
    I guess the next step for me is to make an appt with the Apple fellas. I can't even get 2 hours of heavy use out my iPhone 3GS without it being dead...

How exactly do I unjailbreak it again? Lol...
    My 3gs isn't jailbroken and I get the same battery problems as you. Last night I went to sleep with my phone about 45% (i have the battery percentage mod from an old jailbreak) and this morning when I woke up it was at 3%. On my old 2g I could go to sleep with it at say 50% and wake up an it'd still be at 50%, even with a two year old battery. There is NO way that their "Standby time: Up to 300 hours" is remotely true.

However, I did have 3g and wifi on, but push is off so I don't see where all this power is going to. Doesn't the 3g chip "sleep" when it's not being used?

Quote Originally Posted by erix920 View Post
    My 3gs isn't jailbroken and I get the same battery problems as you. Last night I went to sleep with my phone about 45% (i have the battery percentage mod from an old jailbreak) and this morning when I woke up it was at 3%. On my old 2g I could go to sleep with it at say 50% and wake up an it'd still be at 50%, even with a two year old battery. There is NO way that their "Standby time: Up to 300 hours" is remotely true.

However, I did have 3g and wifi on, but push is off so I don't see where all this power is going to. Doesn't the 3g chip "sleep" when it's not being used?
    I just don't understand how the battery life could be so poor. The phone is made to do all these great things and then Apple tells you to turn everything off to get good battery life. What's the point? I could run my old Blackberry for 2 days straight with MSN on the whole time and getting push emails all the while making long phone calls. Granted this phone is lightyears ahead of the BB...

Turn the Location Services(GPS) off. Big hog of power.

Feel the back of phone. If it is warm, you are using too much power. If you have turned every thing off, it should be cool to the touch.

I only have GPS on when using Navigon. Who needs to be tracked by Big Brother.

I never put the location services on. I've read every article on battery saving tips and turning off push and location services were at the top of the list. I've also notIced that 3g sucks up a ton of juice. But Edge is just too slow...

My battery does get a bit warm but what's the point of having an ipod on the phone if you can't play music or video without it overheating. Bad design, IMHO...

I definitely think I got a faulty battery...

I think ill just tape my wall charger to the back of the phone so when I need to check my email and call someone my battery wont die within the hour.

too true
    only downfall in phones is the battery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12