Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Making Push & Fetch for Google Calendars Work for 2.0 Users

Did the setup yesterday, no emails are being pushed to me, calender is not syncing nor do i see the contacts on my gmail, guess theres some load on the server or something,,

P.S. i dont have Google Mobile App installed, i dont know if that makes any difference. btw, how can i get it if im located in canada, i cant find the app in the app store.

Yep nothing is syncing for me ...well my mail does but no contancts or calendar i really want my google calender to sync on my iphone

wow the mail2web thing actually looks like it might just do it, but i think im giong to try exchange server until gmail is sorted out... hopefully it becomes sorted out
    and hoping that setting up vmware, then exchange server wont be to, to difficult

ok so anyone else besides OP get this to work?

is he full of it or did Google turn something off to make it not work anymore ?

Just an update I used the mail2web method and it works flawlessly. I now have both email and contacts pushed to my phone.

Email goes from gmail to mail2web to iphone instantly and contacts go from iphone to mail2web to macbook pro quite fast as well.

I hope there's a way to sync google calenders soon since mail2web doesn't support it yet and you can only use one exchange server on your iphone at a time.

This is killing me, my entire family (6 ppl) all share a google calander and we all have each others events on our phones. NemuSync was great so I loved that and it was easy to make plans with friends and whatnot. But now with my new iPhone 3G I cant and its sooooooo frustrating, if anyone develops a method for syncing google calanders it would be greatly appreciated if you would pm me.
    It's only impossible if you quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Micara57 View Post
    This is killing me, my entire family (6 ppl) all share a google calander and we all have each others events on our phones. NemuSync was great so I loved that and it was easy to make plans with friends and whatnot. But now with my new iPhone 3G I cant and its sooooooo frustrating, if anyone develops a method for syncing google calanders it would be greatly appreciated if you would pm me.
    Is this what you're talking about?

Using Google as a *free* MobileMe alternative (with push contacts & calendar) | Beau Giles

Thanks

i dont like the look of those links, looks like the push is via a middle man server. not going with that, id rather pay for mobileme.

at the moment, the calendars do not work, i have tried this over and over again and got nothing i cant see it working anytime in the very near future (before christmas) because apple are pushing mobileme forward right now, and why would people buy mobileme if google can do it for free?

however, i think that this will be sorted after mobileme dies down a bit.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Still not working here. Has not synced any thing. I don't see how this has any thing to do with mobile me. Since its not talking to apple at all.
    I use Nuevasync to sync my google calender which is free and works great.
    Not sure how the OP got this to work but looks like it does not work any more

Nuevasync works beautifully, Anyone wanting calendars and contacts to work with gmail use nuevasync ,, Thanks to OP and person who posted nuevasync info....

too bad nuevasync isn't in cydia (2.0 version). I need my calenders.

Quote Originally Posted by questioncom View Post
    Huh? Nuevasync is not an application...
    Therefore, this has nothing to do with Cydia/Installer etc. Just go to their site.

-Anarchist

Quote Originally Posted by questioncom View Post

Using Google as a *free* MobileMe alternative (with push contacts & calendar) | Beau Giles

Sorry for the naive/dumb question.
    But how safe is this? If I allow nuevasync access to my calendar/contacts, is there a possibility they could steal this info? I donít know too much how these services work. However, what has me a little worry is how is nuevasync making money out of this, even if to just cover basic site/server feesÖ

-Anarchist

I don't really understand what happened in this thread. was the OP just lying? did something change?

Thanks

i think by the sounds of it, he got some unreliable info. from a csr because from the night he started this thread, to now, it doesnt work, and i cant see it working for anyone else either.

Suck it up, Sucker

I cannot get the Google Calendar to sync. It only activates to send SMS calendar events.

For me, iPhone's Fetch setup only says "mail", not "mail, contacts, calendar". Should it indicate something different?

Thanks

fetch isnt push, and everything aside, google does not offer this for the iphone, and never has. perhaps in the future if mobileme continues to fail and android gets released on a google phone, until then, this thread is dead.

Suck it up, Sucker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12