Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help please! identify this part?

Question Help please! identify this part?
    I broke my iphone the other day! It sucks! I found a replacement screen/digitizer, and managed to screw up the aluminum back to take it off. So I decided to go with the black backing. And removed all the guts. One problem, as I was soaking the parts in "acetone", this little black piece (see below) fell off one of the brackets! I am pretty sure that this piece goes behind the bracket where the "viberate" switch is, but I am not sure. If anyone has managed to reassemble a iphone, can you possibly identify this?

Many thanks!

Don
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -p7140095-large-.jpg   -p7140096-large-.jpg  

That is the Sim card holder that goes in the top

Where exactly though? You aren't referring to the SIM tray are you? Cause that is big and silver. And the sim slot is wide. Does this piece go somewhere by the sim tray?

Sorry just sorta confused, I was careful about where everything went, and somehow missed that.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Don

I found it! It actually is a black plastic piece that goes on top of the metal part that holds the headphone jack! Look towards the bottom of the metal piece and it goes on top of there. I am not sure of it's importance, but I am pretty sure that is where it goes. Here is a pic off of a assembly instruction for reference.

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/105/images_large/22.jpg
    Last edited by unrealism; 2008-07-15 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost