Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Photos: Is it me...

Default Photos: Is it me...
    Or does anyone else find it a waste of space creating a seperate folder for certain pictures and when you synch the photos along with the new SUB folder you created, the sub category will ist as a seperate library (fine), your photos will be in there (fine) but a double set of the photos will also be in PHOTO LIBRARY?!?!

i.e.:

Camera Roll
    Photo Library
    My Other Photos

If I synch my iphone that contain new pics ONLY in "My Other Photos" folder from my PC, it creates the subfolder as mentioned above BUT it will also create "doubles" in the Photo Library section..

IS THIS NORMAL?!? If so, WHAT A WASTE OF SPACE APPLE..
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!

photos are not stored as files! they are in a database.

dups don't count! you can have 100 'folders' with the same picture in it... it counts as one.

Of course that's how it was designed by Apple for Mac users... your windows experience may vary!
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

I figured that out but how can we have certain pix in Library and NOT in other folders and certain pix in subfolders and NOT in Library??????

Thanks

All your pictures are stored in one database, as mentioned. Your "sub folders" are actually just categories. All photos, is simply all of those categories combined under one roof so to speak.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.