Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G Battery and Signal Issue

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs down iPhone 3G Battery and Signal Issue
    I know that the battery life wasn't supposed to be anything spectacular but I also never expected the signal to be as bad as it is. I get maybe 3-4 hours of total use before its considered dead (which i consider 20% remaining or less because it dies within minutes of the warning), with maybe 4 hours of standby total mixed in between usages. The 1st gen iphone I could go a day and a half with the same amount of usage. This is a huge difference to me as I feel like no matter where I go I need to be plugged in now. Not only that but I had a car charger that I use for my iPhone and iPod and now the new phone is "so smart" that it knows it wasn't meant to use for the iPhone. Not only that but the new silent switch seems to get stuck on my pocket and makes itself silent making me miss my calls. I likes how the old plastic one had rounded off edges, mine seems to be missing those. But anyways maybe the signal issue could be because it seems to be constantly switching from 3g to edge multiple times per day. I get wicked crappy 3g signal, where I'd have 5 bars on Edge i have 2-3 on 3G. I live just outside of a major city (Providence is the capital of my State of Rhode Island) maybe a 5 minute ride to downtown. I don't get it!!!!!!

I'll try to get shots of the usage and battery life tomorrow, as it's charging for the 3rd time today as I post this.

Just to cap it off my issues are<br>
    1) Poor Reception
    2) Very Poor Battery Life
    3) Having to buy all new accessories
    4) Poor Silent switch location/extrusion

Anyone else having these issues?????? Is ATT going to laugh at me or Do I have a valid reason for replacing the device??
    Last edited by SteveJr1011; 2008-07-14 at 06:31 AM.

Thanks

Its the 3G. 3g downs the battery like a pig on cake...or maybe it was a fat kid..?

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

I've noticed that reception isn't particularly great either for 3g and I like in ny metro area

Im having reception problem as well. I usually get full bar im my crib with the first iphone , now i barely get 3

Thanks

same here

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

iPhone? More like MyPhone beachboarder41's Avatar
    Thanks

yah, im having the same problem but without the silent switch, the battery barely lasts 5-6 hours without wifi, aim, and push.
    Viva la iPhone - GET DOMINATED

Thanks

ive found that if i turn 3g off, i get near full bars, then i turn 3g on, lose all signal for about a minute, then it comes back, with only 1 bar.

does the 3g signal affect the phone signal at all?
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

I have the same problem. Seems like this is a worldwide issue. Waiting for apple to recall or fix it before the end of my return date.

Apple - Support - Discussions - iPhone 3G Reception Problems? You're ...