Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weak wifi on 2.0

Default Weak wifi on 2.0
    I upgraded my 1.1.4 8GB iphone to 2.0 and I've noticed since the update my wifi reception is significantly weaker. I used to be able to get a decent strength signal from my home router in my apartment parking lot and now I can't even see it most of the time, and I see about half the number of signals at my friend's apartment than I used to. Anyone else run across this? I know on the apple forums there's been a number of various wifi issues with 2.0.

Noticed that my wifi can't stay connected... or it will say it's connected to wifi in the settings, still not be connected (speeds are why I say that) and it will sparadically show it being connected in the bar at the top but still not be connected.... thinking about heading to the apple store soon... it's not unlocked or jailbroken so I am ok... any idea's?

I have the same problem too. Anybody knows why?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Actaully i have noticed my wifi got stronger...

Thanks

Nothing like conflicting experiences. My wifi got weaker when I went to 1.1.4! I know the wifi on my son's 3G is stronger than my 1.1.4 2G phone though.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I noticed this too...I thought. The Wifi bars in my house on the iPhone was very low so I thought something was wrong. Rebooted my router a few times and still the same. Very rarely full wifi bars. There is a utility on my router set up that I can see the signal strength to computers, etc connected to it. For my iPhone it was 98% so pretty high. It was always in the low 90s before. Bottom line is speed. I do speed tests on the iPhone and it is lightning fast, so I guess that is what matters most.

Thanks

What I notice is that the weaker the wifi bars indicate, the slower the wifi speed. Sometimes when i'm showing 1 wifi bar, the speed tests will be as slow as edge.