Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: to buy or not to buy that is the question

Default to buy or not to buy that is the question
    Firstly, I know that no one can answer my question at the moment but some opinions and advice would be much appreciated.

I want a iphone! I am in the UK and was very close to buying one to jailbreak the other day, then I though I would wait till after macworld in case they bumped the memory up to 16gb or even something better.

Now I'm not a patient man and I am suddenly concerned that they will release 1.1.3 after macworld and this may not immediately (if ever) be possible to jailbreak.

So do I a) buy now and simply jail break 1.1.2 but maybe end up with less ram, or b) take a risk and wait for the upgraded phones and 1.1.3

Advice please :-)

P.S. I am in the UK, and will be using an O2 pay as you go sim, so no need to unlock, just jailbreak and activate.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i bought a iphone on boxing day i think and i too jailbroke it straight out the box to use my O2 sim ( i aint paying no 18 month contract ) lol mine was 1.1.2, to be honest i dont see the big fuss with the soon to be new firmware 1.1.3 yeah it looks like its got some cool google map add ons and that but i can wait for them to crack that.. we might be only a few days or weeks behind the people who have genuine unhacked iphones but were not bound too a 35 quid a month contract are we lol.

id say go for it mate, there awesome bits of kit you will not be dissapointed.

I would do it, and if you are not happy you can always sell it and make money on it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

why dont you buy one now.. DONT OPEN IT and if at macworld they release a new one.. then return the UNOPENED iphone and wait for the other one but chances are the new one isnt coming out till summer 08
    If i helped hit Thanks!