Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So Am I Missing Something???

Default So Am I Missing Something???
    Hey everyone,

Here's my situation... I have a first generation iPhone and wanted to buy the new 3G iPhone. So I put my first gen iPhone on craigslist for a modest $150 and within 24 hours I had received about 30 emails from very enthusiastic buyers, some of whom offered well over $200 for it. I am confused as to why people would make me such an offer since the new 3g phones start at $200.

So my question is, is there something wrong with the new 3g phones? why would people want to pay more for a used first gen than buy a brand new 3G. Doesn't make much sense to me but I have a feeling I am missing something here...

All input would be greatly appreciated.

The 3G iPhone requires a two year contract which most people will just use the old one to avoid, also the only other major GSM carrier with 3G is T-Mobile which doesn't have a compatible signal with the 3G iPhone anyway. Plus most people dont want to have to figure out how to jailbreak/unlock their phones and will pay extra for you do to it.

so am I getting a bad deal if I sell my first gen iPhone for $200 and buy a 3g iPhone??? I have AT&T so i am ok with extending my contract BUT 3g service isn't yet available in my area. So should I sell my old one and get the new one or just keep the old one?

Thanks

There comes a time when a man has to stand on his own two feet, look out onto the horizon and see his destiny. This is your time, bhan4p
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    There comes a time when a man has to stand on his own two feet, look out onto the horizon and see his destiny. This is your time, bhan4p
    LOL spoken like a true Scot. For iPhone 3g see best smoke and mirrors tricks since Houdini. You pay less upfront, but more per month and get less free calls and texts. Net result you are lease purchasing the iPhone 3g, you pay a deposit for it at the store, and then the rest per month during the contract you have to sign up for 18 months. The 2g old iphone you have can be unlocked to any network, so people can use a cheap mobile contract with it (ie I use a plan the costs 22.50 per month ($45) and get 400 free texts, 200 talk minutes and unlimited edge data - mobile internet and e-mails) and you get everything the 3g iphone has except the 3g speed mobile internet.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac