Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3g lag time?

Default iPhone 3g lag time?
    Ever since i got the 3g when I press and icon on the main screen it has sort of a lag before it opens the app. I really find it in the sms when you hit add a number from your phone book it really lags. Anyone have this problem???

iPhone? More like MyPhone beachboarder41's Avatar
    Thanks

YES!, there is most definately a lag with mine and it is very frustrating, i notice it alot when im doing something else and i receive a text, i click the reply button and it takes up to 3-4 seconds to get into the texting screen.. then maybe even lag when i click the keyboard
    Viva la iPhone - GET DOMINATED

yea same for me especially texting

iPhone? More like MyPhone beachboarder41's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont know if i should bring it back to apple, im afraid getting a new one wont change anything
    Viva la iPhone - GET DOMINATED

Well if you're gonna return it and get another one without having to pay... then it wouldn't hurt to try.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kitsune's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't worry about it just yet. Odds are you will still have the same issue because most are right now.

I got the samething, everything lags like a mofo, hopefully apple is on it, maybe a 2.0.1?

iPhone? More like MyPhone GrabYourWeapons's Avatar
    Thanks

If your text messaging lags, I just go back to messages, then back to home, and then re-enter SMS and it seems to fix the lagging typing. :-D Hopefully they fix that though..
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic

Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    Ever since i got the 3g when I press and icon on the main screen it has sort of a lag before it opens the app. I really find it in the sms when you hit add a number from your phone book it really lags. Anyone have this problem???
    Hey guys,
    I just accidentally found a way to make the iphone 3g faster after upgrading to 3.0 firmware.

I upgraded my iphone 3g from 2.2.1 to 3.0 a few months ago and it was running so slow. Playing Need for Speed was a nightmare, after a few races, I would have to restart the application or do a hard restart of the iphone. Playing Monopoly or BeJewels2 was pretty slow as well.

Just right now, I installed a theme called "illumine" thru cydia, and all of the sudden the iphone was running pretty quick again. I tried all of the applications, and none gives me problems so far. I'm so thrilled right now. I can't explained how it fixes the lagging problem. All I know is my iphone is running pretty fast again, and that's all i care. Recommend installing Winterboard first before installing "illumine", doing vice versa will not work. Try this at your own risk.

Anyhow, if you have updated to 3.0, 3.0.1, 3.1, or 3.1.2 and experiencing the lagging problem, then try the "illumine" theme and tell me if it helps or not.

Man, I wished I have discovered this 2 months ago to save myself countless hours searching the web and forums trying to solve this lagging problem. Needless to say, I restored my iphone from 2.2.1 to 3.0 and back to 2.2.1 like ten times. I can't believe it was just that easy. I hope this thread helps someone with their iphone 3.0 lagging problem. I don't have os 3.1 or 3.1.2, so I don't know whether it works or not for those os.