Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I make my own apps?

Default How do I make my own apps?
    I know this is such a vague question but how do you make "apps" for the iphone? What programming language is needed?

I want to buy books on what programming language to learn because I got Barnes and Nobles gift cards.

Thanks!

I'm asking both Native and Web Apps.
    Last edited by akasixcon; 2007-12-30 at 04:14 AM.

I'm not doing any web app programing, however, there are a number of guides over on www.tuaw.com site that can help you out.

The first thing your going to need to do is get the "toolchain" installed so you can start compiling your apps. Toolchain is a cross-compiler, it allows you to write applications on you PC, Mac or Linux system and compile them to run on your iPhone.

Just google and see what you find, there are a number of good guides to help you get started.

Once you get your "Hello World" program to compile and run on your iPhone, then you at least know toolchain is working, and any new errors are going to be due to programing errors.

You may also want to get a book on Coco Programming, it should be able to help you understand the UI programming.

That's about all I know, HtH,

Denis
    What, I upgraded to 1.1.2 and now my iPhone is bricked?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dgdimick For This Useful Post:

akasixcon (2008-01-05)