Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So my phone broke

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default So my phone broke
    Yeah Im really bummed, the LCD is shot, not the glass, just the screen below. Whats worse is the price to repair.....close to 200$ to fix it when the new subsidized phone is exactly 200$....Do you think the LCD price will come down soon and fast? If you have a broken phone let me know as well...thanks

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

you have ur phone for more than a year than ur burnt. But if its less than a year old you can have apple replace for free
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    It is less than a year old, but I dont have the reciept for it, and I think I am the one who broke it....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonator View Post
    Yeah Im really bummed, the LCD is shot, not the glass, just the screen below. Whats worse is the price to repair.....close to 200$ to fix it when the new subsidized phone is exactly 200$....Do you think the LCD price will come down soon and fast? If you have a broken phone let me know as well...thanks
    Parts will always be worth more than the whole. That's why there's so many chop shops for stolen cars.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

you can say that my macbook pro broke, fortunately I was still under the 1 year warrenty and they replaced my logic board. After they fixed it I looked at the repair cost and it was 1,400 dollars!!!!! but since I was on the warrenty I didnt have to pay anything

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yeah its def not cheap.....I went to get the applecare for the phone, but it doesnt cover that... when we got her laptop, it covers 1 screen replacement, but not on iPhones.....

Oh well Do you guys know any reputable sources for getting it fixed... Im not into just blindly sending it out to any old company on the net....
    Last edited by Jasonator; 2008-07-16 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i used this company for all my repairs if something is out of warranty and they have always been good.

iPhone Repair, iPhone Problems

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Thanks... I have searched and I found other places to be cheaper by 50 bucks or so...but I like to go with trusted sources...