Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring & 3g Question

Default Restoring & 3g Question
    Ok so i have a 1.1.4 jail broken 1st gen iphone, is it possible for me to restore my phone and start anew on 1.1.4 or if I try to restore it will try to bump me to 2.0?

and second question is will the new 3G iphone work with my 1st gen ihome iphone charger my adapter for my radio in my car and my radio at home to wake me up?

iTunes will try to *Bump* you up to 2.0, when you restore hold option(mac) or shift(pc) then select the 1.1.4 ipsw file to restore to it. For you charger it depends. Some use the older firewire charging circuit that the 3G doesnt have.
    Last edited by rusty778; 2008-07-13 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Im a terrible typist

oh ok so when the shift key it will ask me if I want to stay with 1.1.4 correct and I just hit that option correct? or is it more complex than that

its a bit more complex that that, it will open a file browser and I believe it automatically opens iTunes ipsw folder. If not on a mac its in user>library>iTunes>iPhone software updates. It should be similar, but in program files on windows. Just select the 1.1.4 ipsw and you should be set.