Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Slide to Answer slow after 2.0 update

Default Slide to Answer slow after 2.0 update
    My 1.1.4 iphone was jailbroke, and never had problems answering calls. The slide to answer always slid just like it would if i was unlocking the phone normally.

With 2.0 i desided to restore back to default 1.1.4 (no jailbreak) then updated to 2.0. After that, when someone calls me I get the slide to answer thing, but it dosn't "slide" just sits there. I try tons of times, slow, fast, what ever.. nothing.. Eventually it will answer, but sometimes it does it after it goes to voicemail. Also, the ringer dosn't work half the time. Anyone else had this problem?!

It's really annoying.

Thanks

Did you restore a back up? Because if you did, then you need to restore one more time without restoring a back up. When it ask, click set up as a new phone.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

I actually figured out the problem. I had to reset all of my custom ringers. For some reason after the update and restore, the ringers didn't get set properly which caused the phone to PHREAK! Just FYI if anyone else updates, check your custom ringers!!!

Thanks

ooh. well anyway i tried.

Thanks for your input though! I had thought about that, but then i'd lose all my txts and pictures n such.. =)

Thanks

haha alright. press the thanks button? *its gotten a bit dusty =]*

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Aiyo For This Useful Post:

Kaas (2008-07-14)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey I have the same problem with slide to answer but I don't know how to reset the ringers. please help.

Oh I got it. Thank you very much
    Last edited by z8nga; 2008-07-22 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

May I ask what "reseting ringers" means? I tried deleting all my custom ringtones and resyncing them again, still doesn't work... slide to answer still freezes about 80% of the time.

Also, I don't remember this happening before the 2.0 firmware, but after I updated the firmware, even if I downgraded it back to 1.1.4, the issue still persists.

Resetting custom ringers means to go though all of your contacts that you know you've set a custom ringer and reset them to whatever ringer their supposed to be. You will noticed they look weird when you see them.

My phone has worked perfectly since i did that.

Hope that helps.

Well, i have this issue as well,

for me "Slide to unlock" freeze. - i just double click the sleep/on button.

for "Slide to Answer" freeze. - i installed " Call Controller from Cydia which allow you to answer call by shaking your iphone. My setting is left to right (0.3). if you set to up and down may be you got problem answering the call because when the ip is in your pocket, it will answer the call when you pick up your iphone.

this is my temporary solutions...
    but i still hoping to some software can customize the home button to answer the call...