Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3.on its way

Default 1.1.3.on its way
    Seems like some people must have 1.1.3 - Ars Tecnica has an article to a site with pics:

Have a read: http://arstechnica.com/journals/appl...locate-me-more

The site that has the pics was extremely slow to load to me - it took just on 1hr. to get the 10 pics available.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tavillo's Avatar
    Thanks

theres not to much difference... just a few things... not a big deal...

hopes up....!; saw the changes; hopes down.

Devs > Apple

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BEEKS For This Useful Post:

method77 (2007-12-30)

Thanks

Yeah great home customization, i had that firmware 1.0, though the rest looks nice.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

haha so no voice notes
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tavillo View Post
    theres not to much difference... just a few things... not a big deal...
    are u kidding me....this firmware is gunna be 10x better than anyone that came out. al i can say is: "SMS multiple people"

Well its a nice addition, bit I still like 1.1.1 the most. I hope it that there will be a jailreak method soon after its release because I think it is worth upgrading from 1.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by fat x nub View Post
    are u kidding me....this firmware is gunna be 10x better than anyone that came out. al i can say is: "SMS multiple people"
    Please its a joke. 3 people wrote an app that can do both, send to multiple contacts and forward sms, and 100 people in Apple only managed to add SMS to multiple people in 6 month. Lazy f***s.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

haha true that but they are not competing with the devs for fame and glory, apple adds these things for people who rely on itunes to keep their devices "up to date"

too bad the mod community kicks apple devs asses though
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tavillo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fat x nub View Post
    just for that??? sms multiple people??? i still think not big deal...
    i just be interested if its faster firmware... but is just my comment...
    Last edited by Tavillo; 2007-12-29 at 11:58 PM.

but the good thing if 1.1.3 comes is there will be a easy jailbreak for 1.1.2 right?

true that but they are not competing with the devs for fame and glory
    I don't think they are trying to compete, they are just trying to help people with features and functions that Apple left out. So far i can't say the same for Apple. Like i said, one really useful update in 6 month, even Microsoft don't move that slowly when updating their Win Mobile OS. Granted they have been in a game for a long time, and Apple is the baby, but still....Not include such a simple functions like clip board, and forward sms and sending it to multiple contacts is something that i still can understand to this day.

Better than 1.1.2 IMO
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

This update is great, I don't understand where the bitterness is coming from. Yeah, the devs of the 3rd-party community have done this before, but they do it for themselves, and for the people that use their mods. The people working at Apple have a ton of more hoops to go through. 99% of the stuff I see in Installer is released in a beta state, crashes often, and it isn't until multiple revisions that we see multiple improvements. And even then, stuff crashes, drains battery life, or causes unnecessary problems. The devs at apple can't afford to release beta software. They have to work, then tweak and make sure the programs doesn't crash under regular use, and most importantly, doesn't harm the phone. 3rd-party devs wash their hands with their "use at your own risk", but Apple doesn't have that luxury either. They can't go "woops, sorry you updated and broke the phone", their stuff needs to work right off the bat. I think this update is great because most of the stuff on it has been done by third party apps, which makes me believe that they are in fact keeping a close eye at what the third party community is doing then implementing it in their own way.

True. ^^

using wifi now at a local mall. Anyway back to 1.1.3. Guess when its out, many of us can only watch and wait. Brick my phone with this update will be a sad sad thing!hope the dev team can work something out real fast!

people with OTB 1.1.2 wont get bricked. And then would be able to update then unlock or unlock then update not sure.

iPhone? More like MyPhone luistohe123's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate it when some pages get you all excited....."oh, hard drive, and dictaphone, and blah blah"........
    But whatever....i just hope that we can unlock OTB 1.1.2 with this, cause i like a nice iTouch, but i hate when they tell me "Hey, nice iphone, does it work here?"....."Nope, not yet, thats Why I have to carry my Old L7"......and if the firmware unlock the OTB....It'll be a Very Impacient Long Eternal wait between the release and the unlock discover......I can imagine all people posting....."is there an unlock?"....."when will it be ready?".....

Yeah i cant wait till the unlock comes out for OTB 1.1.2 iphones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast