Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgraded to 3G, selling my old but...

Default Upgraded to 3G, selling my old but...
    I hadn't been planning on upgrading to the new phone for a month or two but I had to cover the mayhem yesterday (journalist) morning in my neck of the woods and got "caught up" in the excitement. I went back around 3pm and after waiting 40 minutes, managed to get my hands on a 16 gig. They did not seem to be in short supply although the area AT&T stores were out. Managed to get my phone up and running without any issues too. I just synched with my mac using the data from my old phone instead of creating a new iPhone synch. My old phone had been jailbreaked and I'm STILL running 1.02 on it but it didn't seem to cause any issues when synching with the 3G phone

Now I still have my old phone which, as I said above, is using 1.02 and jailbreaked. I use AT&T.

I plan on selling my first phone but I'm concerned about the data that's on the phone. If I restore it, I'm assuming my jailbreak and all the extras on the phone will be lost. But before I sell it, I'd like to remove all my contacts, email stuff, etc...

If I go in and remove things manually, one by one, is there a way to recover that information later on by another party?

Would I be better off (make the phone worth more) if I upgraded to a later version of the iTunes/iPhone software or should I just keep it as is?

Any help/advice appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

To delete the mail just go into settings and delete the mail account. To delete the contacts just un-sync them in iTunes.

But will that erase the jail break and other software I have on there now?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The only thing that will erase a jailbreak is an upgrade or restore in iTunes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Ape Factory (2008-07-12)

Gotcha, thank. For some reason I thought the DFU Restore Mode in your sig was the answer. I must be color blind!

Would my phone be worth more with a later OS version?

Unsynching them in iTunes doesn't work unfortunately. Having to do them one by one and I have 200 of them. Not fun.
    Last edited by Ape Factory; 2008-07-12 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost